Hitachi Drill

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I went out looking for a new chuck for my Milwaukee hole shooter this afternoon. It only has a 1/4" chuck and I have about 160 pocket hols to drill on my current project. The bit for the jig is 3/8". In the past I've used my battery powered Ryobi, but it is slowwwwww.

Unfortunately the only chucks they had were threaded - mine's a taper. Anyway, the chucks they had were $24 and up! So, this followed me home.:D It was on sale for $44.
DSC_0062_renamed_29479.jpgDSC_0063_renamed_31676.jpg

Rennie nice find. Wow what productivity and you did not even have to stop to change a battery. I think that was a big plus and consider what Larry said and the taxman is paying for half the tool.:D:thumb:

I hauled my cheapo drill out yesterday and put a sanding pad on the front. Boy it made short work of some sticky bits on my deck. Nothing else i had would do. I still miss my nice Metabo hammer drill I had back in SA but I sold it for a song because it was 220v. Now i could kick myself with 220V in the shop.:doh:

I had read that pocket holes required a faster speed than my cordless could achieve. I picked up a decent corded drill some time later and there is a real difference. No more fuzzies around the holes and very quick. Great deal on that drill.