Mea culpa...

Today I've been counting the projects I'm working on or procastinating.

Earring glassed cabinet.... Near completion.
Draped carved table...........Not worked on it for about 6 months
Fisherman carving............. Near completion, some clean up and apply finish needed
Seven drawer dresser........ Working on it at present, half way done
Organ............................. Not worked on it for about a month and half or two.
Low double table
Chair
Many other things,

So it seems that I should start finishing somethig or I will not be able to move around my shop! I do not why but there are times that I don't feel like working on a specific project for a while.

Why am I posting this? Honestly I don't know, maybe to stir up myself and some of you as well.

Variety is good, Toni. You just like having all yours at one time. :)

I'm in a somewhat similar place. I have several flatwork projects that I need to do, but I need the tablesaw. The tablesaw is currently covered and has metal-working and log-cutting tools on it. I haven't put those tools away because I still have some metal work and log-cutting to do. I also have green wood in my driveway that needs to be turned before it splits and I lose it. So when I go out to the shop, I often end up turning a green piece of wood instead of doing the metal work that needs to be done before I can to the flatwork that needs to be done. :bang:

Vaughn, just buy an EZ Smart and then you can just leave your TS cluttered. :rofl:

Toni, right now I have one project that I haven't worked on in a while (the three shelf paperback book case unit) the walnut desk that I'm currently working on and I have a handle on my lathe that's been sitting awhile.

Maybe if you just forced yourself to do something small on one of the pieces - even something like "I'm going to sand the front edge with one higher grit sandpaper" small, maybe you'll get into the groove and before you know it are ready for the next major construction step.

On the other hand, as hobbyists, sometimes it's better to let something sit when our mind isn't on task then to make a grave error.

Best of luck with everything!

Today I've been counting the projects I'm working on or procastinating.

Earring glassed cabinet.... Near completion.
Draped carved table...........Not worked on it for about 6 months
Fisherman carving............. Near completion, some clean up and apply finish needed
Seven drawer dresser........ Working on it at present, half way done
Organ............................. Not worked on it for about a month and half or two.
Low double table
Chair
Many other things,

So it seems that I should start finishing somethig or I will not be able to move around my shop! I do not why but there are times that I don't feel like working on a specific project for a while.

Why am I posting this? Honestly I don't know, maybe to stir up myself and some of you as well.

Thanks Tony. I can really understand and relate to your post. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the incomplete projects that I currently have. They are getting in the way of all the ones that I want to start, as I don't dare start any more until I get some breathing room. That being said, I need to quickly start and complete a small project that I promised for a friend last fall before he left to winter in Mexico. He is now back and of course I never started the project. He needed to replace the aging euphroes on his junk rigged sailboat and I volunteered. So I am now scrambling to get them built by this coming Friday, as he a sailing trip planned.

Well, I better get to it...