Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SMC and the FWF

SMC and the FWF

I see alot of people here from SMC.

I would feel like I was repeating myself since I see so many from there, most infact.

Do you guys post on both forums?

Can't. Not 'there' anymore.

julio, ever since i was asked to dance by keith i`ve not contributed to smc..here`s the post;
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...5&postcount=18
    those of us who started family woodworking where by and large made to feel unwelcome over at sawmill creek....we thought that the idea of a friendly, family based woodworking sight was a good one that was worth keeping alive even though several of us where invited to leave, so we founded family woodworking with our main goal to be honest and open about the how`s-n-whys of sight opperation.....please spend some time reading the "members only" section, there`s lots of our initial discussion of what the whole lot of us felt is important to having a sight where anybody-n-everybody feels welcome.
    i for one am glad that you go to the trouble of "double posting" `cause otherwise i`d not get to know what you`ve been up to, let alone comment....tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Steve Clardy Guest
    Yes. I do. Plus 4-5 other ones

I will mostly post on both (at least questions) sometimes just here though.
    Rise above the rest

Julio, I wasn't asked to leave like some of the others....in fact I did contribute to the last fund drive, so I think I still can post over there if I chose to....But I don't any longer.

I have my reasons not to any longer. I will say this, I will not bash the fine members or mods over there....good people and knowledgeable. I'll just say it this way....Let's suppose you use to go to a bar to meet your friends and have a few drinks, but a few of your friends were being bounced out of the place for reasons you didn't think were justified. You felt the bouncer was being heavy handed and not being fair in his actions. If you were to bring it up you yourself might be the next one bounced. Even the owner of said bar made the statements it is easier to bounce you out than to tell you why.

So I chose to go to another bar, where I'm able to still talk to my friends, get a few drinks (information as it may be the case) my friends aren't getting bounced....there are still a few friends while I'm sitting here at my stool in this bar, that I wish would come through the door.....

Just my view from here.
    Last edited by Steve Ash; 01-08-2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

I contribute to both, but most of my own "new" posts wind up here.
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

I give and take at both!
    Live Like You Mean It!!

I peruse SMC, but really don't post much there. I didn't get into the "issue" that some here experienced, but SMC isn't as friendly as it used to be to me. Maybe it has gotten too big?

I participated over there quite a bit for a while but got away from it a couple of times and came back. But I missed the big blow up that caused a lot of the problems. I does appear to have become much less friendly over there so I just quit posting. This is a MUCH nicer environment!

Take care,

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"