moldy water

larry merlau

ok how do you stop water from molding? and how can you get rid of what is there now.. this is a white mold that makes a layer in the holding tank of a machine at work. the water only get circulated buy making a plate now the old circulation tank has long since been gone ,,leaked like a sieve. thought of some bleach to kill future slime. but is there anything to get the existing to disappear?

Larry, I have some stuff (if forget the name at this moment:p) that we use in our recircluating tanks for our film processors for just that reason. I can give you a gallon no charge to try if you would like

Larry, I have some stuff (if forget the name at this moment:p) that we use in our recircluating tanks for our film processors for just that reason. I can give you a gallon no charge to try if you would like

tom this tank doesnt recirculate no more just gets jostled when a plate gets made the system is just a tank now that holds water for a rinse but i will try i just the same. thank goodness they dont have the doors open or i will have mosquitos.:D

Larry I recall that we had to have real "clean" water for our welders at work. There was some copper compound added with some other chemicals to keep molds/ mildews and other varmits at bay. The water did stink because of the stuff added but didn't have any molds in it.

Bleach should take care of it but it evaporates, I would try using anti-algae compound used for swiming pools.:dunno:

I think he's talking about no-phos for pools. It removes what algae and mold feed off of to grow on. Works wonderful. I've had my chlorine go to zero and never had anything even try to grow in the pool since I started using it.