Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I learned today!

What I learned today!

I learned that you can be banned from a forum for not breaking any of the forum rules. The problem with this is you have not recourse - NONE- no due process... My son the lawyer laughed at me and said go find a new forum it not worth the hassle. The Civil liberties union has better thing to do. I think that I was blocked because I did not agree with the owner of the forum. The only discussion or dispute was via email not on the forum. "I have had enough of you -- you are now banned" -- Of course I could use a proxy server and not show my real IP address but that is not worth it. I wrote two of the moderator asking what I did wrong and was accused of harassment.

Wish I knew what I did wrong to be banned!! This was a popular turning group and I really enjoyed the informal discussions. I really liked most of the people and tolerated the rest (the know it all). Well life must go on. I am just trying to let go -- part of my process is talk and write about it.
    Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it
    still sings!

Kansas City, Missouri
    I'm keeping an eye on you Paul!...just kidding , too bad some people are just short tempered.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Thanks Darren,

I have had many challenges in my life and have been successful or at least satisfied with the outcome with almost all of them. This one hurts because i was having fun and learning and now there is nothing I can do about it.

I hope others can accept rejection better than I can.. still smarts...
    still sings!

Palm Springs, Ca
    Well Paul.............welcome to your new family forum and you will have more fun here and learn a great deal. There are alot of knowledgable people here to learn from. I have been a member for a little while now and i have not run into a single one with any attitude....

Thanks Dan,

I have been reading many post///

I guess I needed to vent a little
    still sings!

Tokyo Japan
    Well Paul, I'm sorry you got banned, that sucks, I've had it happen to me too.

I am happy that you are not dragging the problem in here, thanks for that
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Not sure what I would drag into here. A little gun shy now.. Wondering if I am being followed -- not really paranoid just trying to be silly !!

still sings!

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gallian View Post
    Wondering if I am being followed --
    Ah-ha! so there you are. I've found you at last!!! Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

I believe this forum was started in part due to the (or lack of the following of) policies of some forums. It is confusing when you rub someone the wrong way and don't even know how? We're glad to have you here.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    I'll betcha it was a penturning forum. I'm an sure I know which one.
    Yes, it can and does happen.
    I have been 'zinged' many times at one. The reason? Someone complained about one of my posts saying: "I believe what you meant was....". Or: "I think what your really meant to say was.....".
    And on it goes. That particular forum is made of many, what I call, middle-aged jueveniles. And the forum owner and moderator go along with their childish thinking.
    Don't look back.

Central NY State
    Paul, you are most welcome here. I'm sure this forum will gain, and your previous one will miss you.