What I learned today!

Paul Gallian

In Memoriam
I learned that you can be banned from a forum for not breaking any of the forum rules. The problem with this is you have not recourse - NONE- no due process... My son the lawyer laughed at me and said go find a new forum it not worth the hassle. The Civil liberties union has better thing to do. I think that I was blocked because I did not agree with the owner of the forum. The only discussion or dispute was via email not on the forum. "I have had enough of you -- you are now banned" -- Of course I could use a proxy server and not show my real IP address but that is not worth it. I wrote two of the moderator asking what I did wrong and was accused of harassment.

Wish I knew what I did wrong to be banned!! This was a popular turning group and I really enjoyed the informal discussions. I really liked most of the people and tolerated the rest (the know it all). Well life must go on. I am just trying to let go -- part of my process is talk and write about it.
Paul

Thanks Darren,

I have had many challenges in my life and have been successful or at least satisfied with the outcome with almost all of them. This one hurts because i was having fun and learning and now there is nothing I can do about it.

I hope others can accept rejection better than I can.. still smarts...

Well Paul.............welcome to your new family forum and you will have more fun here and learn a great deal. There are alot of knowledgable people here to learn from. I have been a member for a little while now and i have not run into a single one with any attitude....

Well Paul, I'm sorry you got banned, that sucks, I've had it happen to me too.

I am happy that you are not dragging the problem in here, thanks for that :thumb:

Stu,

Not sure what I would drag into here. A little gun shy now.. Wondering if I am being followed -- :) not really paranoid just trying to be silly !!

Paul

Wondering if I am being followed -- :)

Ah-ha! so there you are. I've found you at last!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

I believe this forum was started in part due to the (or lack of the following of) policies of some forums. It is confusing when you rub someone the wrong way and don't even know how? We're glad to have you here.

I'll betcha it was a penturning forum. I'm an sure I know which one.
Yes, it can and does happen.
I have been 'zinged' many times at one. The reason? Someone complained about one of my posts saying: "I believe what you meant was....". Or: "I think what your really meant to say was.....".
And on it goes. That particular forum is made of many, what I call, middle-aged jueveniles. And the forum owner and moderator go along with their childish thinking.
Don't look back.

Paul,

Welcome to the family. It is a family. We all tolerate each other and understand we are all adults.

As you signature says "Practice the presence of GOD".....

You will find a lot of that here.

This is a good and reasonable group of men and women...

...bartee...

Paul,

Welcome to the family. It is a family. We all tolerate each other and understand we are all adults.

As you signature says "Practice the presence of GOD".....

You will find a lot of that here.

This is a good and reasonable group of men and women...

...bartee...

well paul some of us have alot folk fooled,, we tolerate you turners,,:) even the outcast variety.. see like stu said and glenn as well this forum is kinda like austrailia,, it was started by a batch of outcasts, that got tired of being ruled the wrong way.. so your in good hands here and those that try to come to interven with you or others are quickly turned away... you have got alot great turners in here to pick there brains on.. so i dont think yu lost ,,you just havnt seen the sunrize yet...and i say this and am not even a turner!! and wont be:D:thumb: so welcome and its ok to take shoes off and put your feetup on the coffee table:D:wave:

I've been banned for a few forums because it really irks me when moderators will edit a post or do something without asking me first. Some of them really get a real power trip by doing it and then think they did nothing wrong even though they wrongly deleted a post. Also they can do things that are against the rules in one post, but chastise another in another post. I haven't seen that here and I hope I don't. At least I won't have to request a refund of my money on this forum. You guys let me see the pictures without paying for it! :D

I've been banned for a few forums because it really irks me when moderators will edit a post or do something without asking me first. Some of them really get a real power trip by doing it and then think they did nothing wrong even though they wrongly deleted a post. Also they can do things that are against the rules in one post, but chastise another in another post. I haven't seen that here and I hope I don't. At least I won't have to request a refund of my money on this forum. You guys let me see the pictures without paying for it! :D

hey justin, there is a hidden fee!!! yu have to put up with "us":rofl:

Oh, I know about the foot-in-mouth disease. There are times (like this past weekend) when somebody goes off on me and I am totally clueless as to why. I have heard it said that there are 4 areas of our life that figure into interaction with others. 1 area that everybody sees, 1 that only we see, 1 that only others see and 1 that only God sees. I frequently run into that area that I'm blind to that seems to make a lot of people mad. ??? Hey I'm an up front kind of person and am generally plain spoken and try to assume the best about others. I am well aware of how human I am.

All that being said, this IS a family forum and there fore there is a little occasional spat. I have always appreciated how well it was handled here. I am not aware of any divorces in the family yet and am glad for that.

I have even learned that some people are afraid of lathes. :D He does have a rather long beard and I expect if it ever got caught in a lathe it would be an ugly scene. I wouldn't wish that on any family member. :D

well paul.......don`t know if`n ya figgured it out yet or not.....but this forum was formed by outcasts of another woodworkin` forum.
many of us dissagreed with "local politics" even though politics were offically banned......others just happened to get caught in the fallout:eek:
eitherway........from one rabble-rouser to another...hang tight;)