Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concept camaro

Concept camaro

Some of you know I'm a gearhead. Love my old classic cars. I don't care too much for the style of new cars, they all kinda look like a jelly bean to me....everything is round.

Ford came out a few years ago with it's Retro-Mustang. Looks like a 67-68 Mustang to me. Dodge last year made a prototype Challenger that was real sweet. I hope they bring that to fruition. Now Cheverolet introduced it's Concept Camaro at Detroits auto show.

I know things must change and I gotta deal with roundness in cars by todays designs....but I sure like the retro-cars. Here is the Camaro which has the looks of the most sought after muscle car Chevy made, the 1969 Camaro.

I like it!....but I ain't given up my '69 Chevelle SS.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Definitely keep the SS! I like some of the new stuff, but not enough to get one. My next vehicle will be a pickup.

Steve, why not get one as a "spare"? Few more cabinet jobs....

I too, like all the "old style" cars that have been coming out. I would have to say, the Mustang is still my favorite, though.

Greg

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Sorry Steve, but that looks like the cartoon car my grandaughter looks at on the copy of "CARS". It aiin't the 69 Camario
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Steve, You REALLY need one of those new 'old' Camaro's, then sell me your '69 Chevelle SS Those were the days my friend ...............

Tony, BCE '75

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Sorry Steve, but that looks like the cartoon car my grandaughter looks at on the copy of "CARS". It aiin't the 69 Camario
    Nope it sure ain't...but at least it isn't round. Don, did ya notice all the concept cars have that look (like a cartoon., as you say) The Chevy SSR pickup did too.

Some toy manufacturer had a line called Muscle Machines (niece got me a couple of the 69 Chevelle toys) and the prototypes look like those toys.

As I said....I'm keepin my old grocery getter
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Ugly, that's my opinion of te Camero. The Mustang is OK, never really been a fan of Ford products. The Challenger looks great, hopefully DCX builds it.

Nice Chevelle Steve. Maybe we should start a thread on old cars.
    Jim

Steve..........I wished I had my old '64 SS Impala convertible! Unfortunately for me and the car.....I sold it to a friend when I went into the Navy......4 months or so later....drunk.....he decided to move a new Caddy with it.....the Caddy was parked .........the '64 got totaled.......I don't know if I"m getting old but the new cars just don't seem to have the "soul" the 60's cars did.....the Muscle car era......those cars had a flavor of their own....I never like the Dodges in those days......I used to race the 318's and quite often my 327 would give'm a run for their money.......but ...you know....those Dodges had character.....That from a Chevy man. The cars from that era were indeed special!

i don`t care for the new camaro.........dearly love ol` muscle cars.....cost me untold tickets in my youth now i`m kinda stuck on pre `58 chevys
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

I had a 67 Chevy Impala convertible, loved that old car, handled very poorly, but that little 283 and the 2 speed gearbox were nice on the highway, just poke along at about 60 mph all day

What a great car for a road trip in the summer time

I'll have to find a pic of it and scan it for you guys, it was a sweet fun summer car!

Not too much thrills me in the way of 4 wheeled cages now a days.....
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward