Reason #83 for never........

An interesting thing about Weber grills is that the lid fits just right on a 55 gallon barrel. I've used that before to smoke carp for bear bait. You can fit a lot of meat in a 55 gallon barrel.

I have somewhat graduated to bigger grills. We have been doing several pig roasts every year for parties and this year we are going to weld up a new roaster with a side removable firebox so that we can control heat better and avoid opening the grill to add wood to the fire. I'm thinking about welding up an expanded metal cage for the rotisorie (sp) . I also have 2ft square stainless grill racks that we are going to stack up inside so we can do the chicken thing in volume. Last winter we made a smokehouse. I plan on using the side firebox of the pig roaster as a heat source for the smoker. It's a great time when several of us friends get together to make sausage and drink beer. We have a great source for pigs in the local pig shipping point. they have ruffs and ruptures that can't be sold at market that we get for 1/2 price or free.

An interesting thing about Weber grills is that the lid fits just right on a 55 gallon barrel. I've used that before to smoke carp for bear bait. You can fit a lot of meat in a 55 gallon barrel.

I have somewhat graduated to bigger grills. We have been doing several pig roasts every year for parties and this year we are going to weld up a new roaster with a side removable firebox so that we can control heat better and avoid opening the grill to add wood to the fire. I'm thinking about welding up an expanded metal cage for the rotisorie (sp) . I also have 2ft square stainless grill racks that we are going to stack up inside so we can do the chicken thing in volume. Last winter we made a smokehouse. I plan on using the side firebox of the pig roaster as a heat source for the smoker. It's a great time when several of us friends get together to make sausage and drink beer. We have a great source for pigs in the local pig shipping point. they have ruffs and ruptures that can't be sold at market that we get for 1/2 price or free.

I'm coming up to eat. Not much better than bbq pig.
Ye got fussy bears. Wantin' their carp smoked. My mother used to send me to the market to buy them when we could afford. It was a special treat. Really.

If you want something great to go with the ABTs try Dutch's wicked baked beans on the SMF forum I posted. I'm a smoke geek. I use my gas grill and a remote digital temperature probe. If I could afford it I'd weld up a custom rig with thermocouples and the whole 9 yards.

If you want something great to go with the ABTs try Dutch's wicked baked beans on the SMF forum I posted. I'm a smoke geek. I use my gas grill and a remote digital temperature probe. If I could afford it I'd weld up a custom rig with thermocouples and the whole 9 yards.

I thought about looking up that recipe, then I decided if I did I'd get hooked on another hobby. :rolleyes: I barely have time for the ones I have now....

The smoker my buddy and I built is at his house. He called me last night and said that they smoked ribs and chicken for Fathers Day and it was the best he's ever had...........Boiled the chicken first and then threw them in the smoker with a oak fire with apple wood. .....I guess I'm going to have to go get that smoker......I generally hate hot weather and like to cook outdoors in the summer when possible to keep the excess heat out of the house. :huh: I think that excuse will work. :thumb:

An interesting thing about Weber grills is that the lid fits just right on a 55 gallon barrel.

Oh man this has me thinking - a craigslist Weber grill, 55 gallon drum, cut and fit a door and weld on a firebox.

Yet another project that's going to haunt me for awhile.

Real low and slow BBQ ribs and pulled pork... yum.

Oh man this has me thinking - a craigslist Weber grill, 55 gallon drum, cut and fit a door and weld on a firebox.

Yet another project that's going to haunt me for awhile.

Real low and slow BBQ ribs and pulled pork... yum.
Dan, go search the Smokering.com forums for "UDS", also known as "Upright Drum Smoker". There's a ton of good info on making (and running) them. ;)