Visited my new shop

Ned Bulken

My eldest son and I visited my parents this weekend, and we stayed at my Grandfather's house. This is where we'll be moving in a couple of years.
114main.jpg

114siderear.jpg

I think I need to buy a chainsaw...
cornerlong.jpg

that's the view of the corner lot... which neeeds some TLC

And for those wondering where my tools are going, I have three options... the basement is decent (for a basement), and in a pinch it will do... I didn't shoot it, but it is 3/4 of the footprint of the house. (rear third has crawlspace, not full height) Height down there is about 8' less plumbing etc. Of course there is the problem with dust etc.

Option 2 is to close in the carport. Overall dimensions are 19 x 20'

view looking from the back side (can't get a good angle from the front)

carportr.jpg

The car stall is 12' x 20' plus about a 6' porch... With the warm climate I'm thinking close in the stall on the ends, and screen in the porch area.

carporta.jpg

carportfc.jpg

carportrc.jpg

There's also a yard shed.
shedr.jpg

threebuildings.jpg

Where abouts is this located? South I assume since you mentioned a warmer climate. The thought of turning on a screened porch sounds appealing to me!

Wonder how long that would take you?:dunno:

:stick::rofl::D

Couldn't resist! :wave:

Jeff,
Sorry, I forgot to mention, that it is in Bridgewater VA, near Harrisonburg in the shenandoah valley. The house is in the middle of three lots, so about 2/3 of an acre with LOTS of trees. They're going to need a lot of trimming and a couple of them might come down in the end.

Oh and of course, I forgot the third option, build new under all of those trees on the corner lot...

woodyard.jpg

and here's a link to a panoramic view of the side yard. I'd post it here, but I don't want to mess with the dial up folks...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/Nbulken/broad street/yard360.jpg

Wow! Thats a monster house!

Looks like you have lots of options, being in the south, with all that humidity, I'd vote for the basement or a new shop built. If you use the basement, the shorter crawl space area would make a great "lumber storage" area, everything would be out of your way.

Mike,
Hadn't thought of the humidity issue, the basement may have gone up a notch, the furnace would be the main issue. I'd just as soon keep the carport as such, and then put up a 20x24 pole barn in the yard will all of the trees. IF the money is available of course.

Don't know about 'monster', but there are 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, living room, kitchen and formal dining room, plus an enclosed back porch.