Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most "valuable " boat work pictures.

Most "valuable " boat work pictures.

Fellow I knew from a cigar bar job I did asked me to house his boat in front of my shop and do a little trim work on it as I had time, for money, of course. No charge for storing it there. He would front all the money for materials and bring them to me, as he was in the transportation business, delivery and such. It is easier to show the photos of the work than explain what I did.
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Here are a few of the photos of the boat.
    Attachment 3024
    I guess it was about 28 feet long but I don't know as it was about 4 years ago.
    Attachment 3025
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Now mind you, I don't know a thing about boats, so I just covered what he wanted in my own pattern with the teak he brought me from Lowe's special order. We used brass screws and in some places liquid nails also. As I recall there was a slight chamfer on the edges as it came from Lowe's so when I had to rip a piece for some reason I just chamfered the rip and all was hunky dory. I covered the bathroom/comode area and most of the insides and it was looking pretty good.
    Shaz
    Here is how

I'm supposed to help a buddy at work fix a few problems on a sailboat he recently bought (if he'll ever get around to deciding what he wants to do). He too is planning to provide the teak -- and I believe the templates -- and simply have me cut and mill it for him. I suspect it may be a bit more work than he thinks it'll be. Did you run into any snags or surprises I should be aware of?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

more photos shaz! you tease.....
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Steve Clardy Guest
    I did some interior work on a boat a few years ago. 50 footer I think.
    Interior doors, table, cabinet doors and trim.
    Talk about nothing being square, not a straight line anywhere.
    Boat was tied up at the dock behind his lake house.
    About a 100 feet of concrete steps to go down and up a zillion times a day getting stuff from my pickup. That wore me out.
    On top of that, I locked myself into the small bedroom while fitting the door latch. [Stupid move, don't ask ] I did get myself out though.
    If I hadn't of had a quarter in my pocket, I'd still be in there

Placitas, NM in the foothills of the Sandia Mt
    Good buddy of my works on boats, generally in place - in the water. He says there are three sounds that scare the beejeebers out of him - snap, sproing, and splash

hey steve are you sure it was a bedroom//I locked myself into the small bedroom while fitting the door latch. [Stupid move, don't ask ]
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Steve Clardy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    hey steve are you sure it was a bedroom//I locked myself into the small bedroom while fitting the door latch. [Stupid move, don't ask ]
    Yes it was. A two bedroom boat

Challenger OffShore 50
    Twin diesels.
    Quite a ride

Teak is a beautiful wood until the sun gets to it for a while. I did part of a rub rail and cap rail a few years ago and the one thing that I found out was that I really did not like working with the stuff very much.