Most "valuable " boat work pictures.

Surely because you incorporated a three point cam twist-lock with over center plateau to keep the boat from sinking. :doh: ??? :dunno:

Please Shaz, the suspense is killing me!:D :thumb:
Hi Frank,
I didnt finish the story as I didnt realize anyone thought about what I had asked, forgive me :eek:. As far as the 3pt. CT-L w/OCP:headbang: much to our disappointment I must admit, no, wrong story:D , it had nothing to do with the boat staying afloat. Matter of fact the boat has never kissed the water, in fact once it left my shop it went to dry dock at the owners home in the country in Bellville, Tx to be further suited up. He was doing the finish on the wood while waiting for custom cushions, instruments, fixed swivel chairs etc. He had applied finish, I'm not sure what kind of teak finish, to the wood all over, inside and out too, but it wasn't drying so well.
He introduced an electric heater to the cabin to improve the drying time.
Called in for the late evening meal, after a long day aboard the ship, he remembered the heater after being called to the window by his wife to view the burning viking ship with no body and not sailing away either, just a hot, burning boat with no chance of salvage.
My photos became the MOST VALUABLE WORK BOAT PHOTOS as it was all he had to show the insurance Company whilst making a claim.
It is as I do so clearly remember in all my senior moments.:D :rofl:
Shaz

I didn't have a screwdrive but............

So several years ago we were waiting in Lake Worth (a "wide spot" in the IntraCostal Waterway near Palm Beach waiting for good weather to cross over to the Bahamas.

It is Memorial Day weekend, and a Bit Hot

I get up in the morning to use the head and it gets blocked

Not the toilet itself but the hoses

About 15' of them, snaking through some lockers under our berth from the head over to a through hull on the port side

I pull the hoses out

Plug the ends with duct tape and plastic bags

Empty them out over the side -- you can imagine

Discover that the hoses are full of calcium deposits

I am working in my skivvies because it is so blasted hot

Bandanna across my head, sweat pouring off me

I'm on deck swatting the hose against the side of the hull, breaking out the deposits

Sweating like a pig ------ looked like one as well

Small sailboat ghosts by, Palm Beach preppies in their whites, drinking G&T and having a ball

They look at me with raised eyebrows, I glower back "Don't ask"

Clear the lines, put the hoses back together

All is well in the world

Next morning we are ready to go, the first mate uses the head and once again we aren't going anywhere

I say, that's it, we're replacing everything, new head (toilet) and lines so there is nothing to catch and jamb

Into a marina and off to a boat chandlery.

Much money spent purchasing special hose and a new head

First mate decides that she can't really help so she rents a car and goes off to do some errands

All goes well with the installation until it comes time to hook one hose up to a fitting that is inside a locker (the empty space below a berth that you store stuff in) said stuff is now piled in the main salon --

The hose is real stiff, I have to soften it in boiling water to get it to slip on the fitting

Did I say it was hotter in the marina than it was out at anchor

So of course I'm working in my skivvies again

I can't get the proper leverage to get the hose on the fitting

I am alone

I stand in the locker

Crouch, turn right, raise right arm above my head, drop left shoulder

Sit down slowly, shoulders go through the opening

I am in

Knees up around my ears

But I can work on the fitting

It takes awhile

I get it on

Then I realize that I can't feel my legs they are asleep

And I can't move them and therefore I can't shift my position to get my shoulders through the locker opening

Did I say I was alone

Did I say it was REAL HOT!

And I"m getting real scared

First Mate (LOML) isn't expected back for several hours

I start hitting my legs trying to get circulation back into them

Instead I start getting cramps

I'm starting to see newspaper articles about the jaws of life being used to rescue a boater

Cramps abate

I can move a bit

Start to twist and turn

SWEATING A LOT

sweat helps, a bit of a lubricant

finally break one shoulder free and get an arm up through the locker hatch

Twist and turn, grunt and groan

A half hour later I"m out

First mate finds me lying the in main salon looking like I was the loser in a bar fight

Black and Blue, abraded skin

But the head worked

And she cleaned up the mess and made a great supper

24 hours later we were in the Abacos

Life was grand

Ain't boating fun?

… after being called to the window by his wife to view the burning viking ship with no body and not sailing away either, just a hot, burning boat with no chance of salvage.
My photos became the MOST VALUABLE WORK BOAT PHOTOS as it was all he had to show the insurance Company whilst making a claim.
It is as I do so clearly remember in all my senior moments.:D :rofl:
Shaz
Oh man! What a sad story. I really feel for the guy!

But back to the topic, what didja get for them pics, anyway?:huh: :eek:

So several years ago we were waiting in Lake Worth (a "wide spot" in the IntraCostal Waterway near Palm Beach waiting for good weather to cross over to the Bahamas.

It is Memorial Day weekend, and a Bit Hot

I get up in the morning to use the head and it gets blocked

Not the toilet itself but the hoses

About 15' of them, snaking through some lockers under our berth from the head over to a through hull on the port side

I pull the hoses out

Plug the ends with duct tape and plastic bags

Empty them out over the side -- you can imagine

Discover that the hoses are full of calcium deposits

I am working in my skivvies because it is so blasted hot

Bandanna across my head, sweat pouring off me

I'm on deck swatting the hose against the side of the hull, breaking out the deposits

Sweating like a pig ------ looked like one as well

Small sailboat ghosts by, Palm Beach preppies in their whites, drinking G&T and having a ball

They look at me with raised eyebrows, I glower back "Don't ask"

Clear the lines, put the hoses back together

All is well in the world

Next morning we are ready to go, the first mate uses the head and once again we aren't going anywhere

I say, that's it, we're replacing everything, new head (toilet) and lines so there is nothing to catch and jamb

Into a marina and off to a boat chandlery.

Much money spent purchasing special hose and a new head

First mate decides that she can't really help so she rents a car and goes off to do some errands

All goes well with the installation until it comes time to hook one hose up to a fitting that is inside a locker (the empty space below a berth that you store stuff in) said stuff is now piled in the main salon --

The hose is real stiff, I have to soften it in boiling water to get it to slip on the fitting

Did I say it was hotter in the marina than it was out at anchor

So of course I'm working in my skivvies again

I can't get the proper leverage to get the hose on the fitting

I am alone

I stand in the locker

Crouch, turn right, raise right arm above my head, drop left shoulder

Sit down slowly, shoulders go through the opening

I am in

Knees up around my ears

But I can work on the fitting

It takes awhile

I get it on

Then I realize that I can't feel my legs they are asleep

And I can't move them and therefore I can't shift my position to get my shoulders through the locker opening

Did I say I was alone

Did I say it was REAL HOT!

And I"m getting real scared

First Mate (LOML) isn't expected back for several hours

I start hitting my legs trying to get circulation back into them

Instead I start getting cramps

I'm starting to see newspaper articles about the jaws of life being used to rescue a boater

Cramps abate

I can move a bit

Start to twist and turn

SWEATING A LOT

sweat helps, a bit of a lubricant

finally break one shoulder free and get an arm up through the locker hatch

Twist and turn, grunt and groan

A half hour later I"m out

First mate finds me lying the in main salon looking like I was the loser in a bar fight

Black and Blue, abraded skin

But the head worked

And she cleaned up the mess and made a great supper

24 hours later we were in the Abacos

Life was grand

Ain't boating fun?
Hi Jay,
Thank for throwing that in as when I read it I just laughed and I laughed.:rofl: :rofl:. I can't see you as hot or sweatie or scared. Are you just kidding or are there more things we should know about you? :huh: Are you and Assassin? :eek: Just kidding, Thanks again, enjoy the weekend...boating?:rofl: Shaz:)

Oh man! What a sad story. I really feel for the guy!

But back to the topic, what didja get for them pics, anyway?:huh: :eek:

Hi Frank, Thanks for helping me with this thread, always good.
I felt badly too. He wanted to get in the water with his new wife as she was a sailor also. As far as monetary rewards, he was the only one to get any, from his insurance company. This thread should have been called " his MOST VALUABLE 'BOAT WORK' PHOTOS" because without the photos I took he had only the charred remains of a boat covered with what could have been teak! :eek: I shared the photos with him because he needed them.
Hope you enjoy the weekend :) :) Shaz

Shaz

No boating this weekend

The sailboat has been sold (after owning it for 23 years)

We now float on canals

But that will be another thread in the summer

Jay

Shaz

No boating this weekend

The sailboat has been sold (after owning it for 23 years)

We now float on canals

But that will be another thread in the summer

Jay
:) Does that mean you have a barge and a pole and sing Volga boatman songs with a funky hat over your head :huh: :rofl: ?
Look forward to your boat thread, :) Please ,Please use the proper terminology :D :rofl: , and hey, thanks again for your story,
Enjoyed the heck out of it :thumb: .
Shaz
P.S. The teak from Lowe's was very good quality, Special order in bundle packets.