Thread: whats in a name - follow up

Butte Montana which is 1/2 way between Purgatory and Heaven

whats in a name - follow up

irst of all i want to extend my thanks to all the encouragement and positive comments on my post.

After I received my "denial" I sent them several E-mails presenting my case and to be honest I probably didn't execute a lot of diplomacy.

Anyway this evening this E-mail was on my computer. I still will not identify the forum by name although I believe most of you know who it was.

Jiggs,

The reason your account was deleted was because your name is unusual.
    Please register again and I will try to make sure that your account gets
    approved.

Thanks.

I'm still going to register because I feel the more information I can get from different sources will benefit me even at my age. BUT I'M POSITIVE that any information or support I may receive from their forum will be nothing compared to what I have received from this forum. I guess if I were 60 years younger I'd stand in the middle of the street and scream "FAMILY WOODWORKING ROCKS". Ah what the heck, I might do it anyway.

Jiggs Elphison

Your post made me smile bigtime, Jiggs.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I remember back in the Badger Pond days... I NEVER used 'Kirk'... there were people I'd worked with for years that only knew me as 'KC'. So that's what I posted with. Wayne didn't like it, but let me continue with 'KC' after I 'splained it. I think this is the first forum where I've actually dropped the 'KC' from my username.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Constable View Post
    I remember back in the Badger Pond days... I NEVER used 'Kirk'... there were people I'd worked with for years that only knew me as 'KC'. So that's what I posted with. Wayne didn't like it, but let me continue with 'KC' after I 'splained it. I think this is the first forum where I've actually dropped the 'KC' from my username.
    Don't know why anyone would think "Kirk" an unusual name... I had a fellow in my high school whose name was Kirk, plus after joining the navy also ran into a couple of kirk's... what was unusual, after I joined my last ship, there was a guy in my radio gang everyone was calling "kike"... being a naive young back country Texan, I didn't know this was a derogatory name for someone of the Jewish faith... until he explained one day... I immediately switch to his actually given name.

Oh yeah, you also have the famous actor Kirk Cameron.. guess he needed to use KC growing up too
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Jiggs,
    we only rock because folks like you sign up.

and KC, well , 'nuff said.
    -Ned