whats in a name - follow up

irst of all i want to extend my thanks to all the encouragement and positive comments on my post.

After I received my "denial" I sent them several E-mails presenting my case and to be honest I probably didn't execute a lot of diplomacy.

Anyway this evening this E-mail was on my computer. I still will not identify the forum by name although I believe most of you know who it was.

Jiggs,

The reason your account was deleted was because your name is unusual.
Please register again and I will try to make sure that your account gets
approved.

Thanks.

I'm still going to register because I feel the more information I can get from different sources will benefit me even at my age. BUT I'M POSITIVE that any information or support I may receive from their forum will be nothing compared to what I have received from this forum. I guess if I were 60 years younger I'd stand in the middle of the street and scream "FAMILY WOODWORKING ROCKS". Ah what the heck, I might do it anyway.

Jiggs Elphison

I remember back in the Badger Pond days... I NEVER used 'Kirk'... there were people I'd worked with for years that only knew me as 'KC'. So that's what I posted with. Wayne didn't like it, but let me continue with 'KC' after I 'splained it. I think this is the first forum where I've actually dropped the 'KC' from my username.

I remember back in the Badger Pond days... I NEVER used 'Kirk'... there were people I'd worked with for years that only knew me as 'KC'. So that's what I posted with. Wayne didn't like it, but let me continue with 'KC' after I 'splained it. I think this is the first forum where I've actually dropped the 'KC' from my username.

Don't know why anyone would think "Kirk" an unusual name... I had a fellow in my high school whose name was Kirk, plus after joining the navy also ran into a couple of kirk's... what was unusual, after I joined my last ship, there was a guy in my radio gang everyone was calling "kike"... being a naive young back country Texan, I didn't know this was a derogatory name for someone of the Jewish faith... until he explained one day... I immediately switch to his actually given name.

Oh yeah, you also have the famous actor Kirk Cameron.. guess he needed to use KC growing up too :rofl: