Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red underwear

Red underwear

Theres a story there,, but I'm not telling. You have to ask
    Jim D.

Throw Apples out the Windows, but make sure not to hit the Penguin.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

Just had to do that, didn't you?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

yes

I told you I was
    Throw Apples out the Windows, but make sure not to hit the Penguin.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

He forgot to button the rear fly.

Or it was white underwear put in with a red sweat shirt.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I do not know in US but here at New Year's eve, there is the (fairly new) tradidition that wearing red underwear on that night will bring you good luck for the rest of the year.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mickley View Post
    Theres a story there,, but I'm not telling. You have to ask
    Jim D.

are there reindeer involved too?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Okay, here’s the story:

Went down to Robert’s place – about 25~30 miles away – an got some wood. About 35 bf of 4/4 walnut, and 30 bf of 6/4 curly maple.

The maple was just under 13 feet long. My Toyota pickup bed, with the tailgate down, is about 7½ feet; so about 5 feet of maple were sticking out. I commented that it was quite a bit of overhang, but we put a red flag on it, and I took off for home, using mainly the back roads.

As I got to the one main road that I couldn’t avoid, I noticed a Sheriff’s car behind me – about a hundred yards back. Half a mile or so later, he hit me with the blue lights, and I figured ‘here comes a ticket!’

I pulled over into a nearby driveway, and the deputy gets out and walks up to the truck. Says “Hey guy, I’ve been behind you for a while.” I said, “I know. I saw you back there.” He says “Well, your flag blew off about a quarter mile back. It went over my hood and into the ditch. Got another flag?

By now, figuring I wasn’t going to get a ticket, just some help, I responded, “Yeah, I think so, but if I don’t, I am wearing red underwear.”

He looked a bit surprised, hesitated, then said “Jeese, I hope you’ve got a flag!” We found a flag behind the seat, and he watched me staple it to the maple; said “have a nice day!” and got back in his cruiser.

End of story.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

wow what grin..bet that was the talk in the squad room when he got back to report in
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Well... cops are also humans, aren't they?
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

I would have like to see the look on the deputies face.