I know what a knuckel joint looks like

It's actually pretty easy to see after sticking it in the jointer.

The lesson here

A: never hurry ( I was) :rolleyes:
B don't do things you now dang well could get you hurt (like jointing a piece of wood to short joint)

On the upside

I got to check out the new hospital
about 10 minutes to get checked in, another 5 minute wait and the triage nurse checked the damage and took me to a room. Nurse came right in and rinsed it out and put on a damp dressing.

About 15 minutes later the DR pops in takes a quick look and tells me they have several ambulance calls coming in and sends me over to Fast Trac.

Over there I didn't even get a chance to sit down, right in a room, Nurse came in got a little more info, gave me a tetanus shot, DR was in just maybe 10 minutes later, loaded my finger up with Novocain stitched me up and on my way. all total about hour and 50 minutes from the time I walked in to the time I walked out.

Yep most of my screw ups have happened later in the day when i rush. Which i know better and then i lose a good part of what i was doing that day because something gets destroyed. Making yourself slow down or stop and work on it another day is also hard to accept..........glad your doing ok

When I saw the title I thought I was going to learn how to make a knucle joint for a project :doh:...OUCH!

Hope you heal fast and you can get back at it soon.

I had the same thought as Jeff. Sorry to hear of the nuckle damage glad it was repairable so quicly but most of all i really appreciate you sharing it with us. Keeps me scared and keeps me concious of the safety issues everytime i read one of these. When it happens to guys with such experience it keeps amateurs like me wide awake.:eek:

I now have developed a few rules. Some of them have been mentioned and i stick to them.

Thanks Robert hope it heals quick.:thumb: