Sharpening Question

Dan Mosley

I have this sharpening stone which is coarse on one side and fine on the other - came with my Jet wet grinder and was wondering if i could just hone the edge on the tennon tool by using this stone and just rubbing back and forth ? I have not tried to sharpen a tool like this with two angle edges and thought from the previous post i could just use this stone to keep the edge sharp.......

Attachments

• Tennon-1 (600 x 450).jpg
    Tennon-1 (600 x 450).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Tennon-2 (600 x 450).jpg
    Tennon-2 (600 x 450).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Stone (600 x 450).jpg
    Stone (600 x 450).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 25
The stone you are talking about is the Dual surface stone grader: Dresses the wheel for both fine and course sharpening. The wheel surface not steel.

Hope this is what you are referring to..

Paul

Dan, can you sharpen it on your grinder, just like you would any other scraper? (I can't see the profile real clearly in the pics.)

Yes i can take it to the grinder but i thought i may lose the angles that are on it. It has two different angles and i thought there may be a better way to sharpen this to keep the angles exact. By hand and on a stone as someone awhile back suggested could be good to.
Bernie has one and uses his grinder so im thinking it wont hurt if im careful.

Yes i can take it to the grinder but i thought i may lose the angles that are on it. It has two different angles and i thought there may be a better way to sharpen this to keep the angles exact. By hand and on a stone as someone awhile back suggested could be good to.
Bernie has one and uses his grinder so im thinking it wont hurt if im careful.
Clean up the top surface with a credit card sized diamond dresser, that way you don't remove a great deal of metal and maintain your side angles.