R/C model SR71 Blackbird Jet

I cant imagine the number of years, decades perhaps, it took him to have the talent to build, take off , and land that thing. Must have been alot of teardrops shed by him and his close friends and the not so perfect flights.
that is the coolest thing Ive seen in a while.

Thanks Ned! Beautiful model. It amazes me how far RC planes have come. I mean, ducted jet engines! Still the best one I've seen is the B-52, but the SR-71 is nice. Jim.

Jim thats a real jet turbine engine in that plane. I looked it up and it is actualy computer controlled. They said Idle speed is about 31,000 rpm and can go up to 130,000 rpm. They sure have come a long way since I was in the hobby.

Brings back memorys of when we lived down the street from Glen L Martin airport in Baltimore and would watch the squadron that flew out of there practice dogfighting. They are so maneverable and can fly so slow it was unreal.

When I was in college there was a squadron which was 'visiting' Fort Drum... one of them was lining up on the highway I was driving on, and I distinctly recall looking up at one point, and sighting right along the cannon. That was so cool!

The wildest thing I remember living by that airport is when that f-117 crashed at the airshow they were having. A little to close for me!

I also watched the video of the b-52 and the b-29. Totaly awesome:thumb::D.

Very cool, Ned. Like Allen said, it takes a lot of experience to build, fly, and land one of those. Great stuff.

Thanks Ned for the video. The Blackbird has always been one of my most favorite planes. I was luck to get to see one up close at the Tucson air museum. Those engines are quiet something. The model just amazes me.:thumb: What it must be like to work on one of those types of projects.