Thread: Gonna buy a Kreg Jig. . .

Gonna buy a Kreg Jig. . .

but I can't decide between the newer K4 or the older K3 master system. I've heard good about the newer K4 and good and bad about the K3 master system. Any input from the Family's wealth of knowledge is appreciated.
    Last edited by Ron Jones; 06-27-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I have the k-3 system and love it. I really like the ability to operate the clamp from the same side you drill from instead of having to reach around your work piece. It also comes with a jig that lets you use the pocket hole jig without the clamp.

K3 works great!!!
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

K3 or K4 master kit

I bought the K4 master systm from Tool Zone on E-bay a couple of months ago. It came w/a couple of nice freebees. Very happy w/the the service and product. Would buy from them again in a heart beat.

Jack

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I had the smallest version which would only drill 1 hole and you had to furnish the clamp. LOML got me the K4 version for fathers day and I love it.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    I have the k-3 system and love it. I really like the ability to operate the clamp from the same side you drill from instead of having to reach around your work piece. It also comes with a jig that lets you use the pocket hole jig without the clamp.
    Alan, I believe that the clamp being on oppisite the drill side was to enable the user to hook a dust collector to the jig. I have never realy looked at the K3 so I am not sure.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Don my K-3 came with the dust collector and what a difference it makes.