Gonna buy a Kreg Jig. . .

Ron Jones

but I can't decide between the newer K4 or the older K3 master system. I've heard good about the newer K4 and good and bad about the K3 master system. Any input from the Family's wealth of knowledge is appreciated.

Last edited:
I have the k-3 system and love it. I really like the ability to operate the clamp from the same side you drill from instead of having to reach around your work piece. It also comes with a jig that lets you use the pocket hole jig without the clamp.

K3 or K4 master kit

I bought the K4 master systm from Tool Zone on E-bay a couple of months ago. It came w/a couple of nice freebees. Very happy w/the the service and product. Would buy from them again in a heart beat.

Jack

I have the k-3 system and love it. I really like the ability to operate the clamp from the same side you drill from instead of having to reach around your work piece. It also comes with a jig that lets you use the pocket hole jig without the clamp.

Alan, I believe that the clamp being on oppisite the drill side was to enable the user to hook a dust collector to the jig. I have never realy looked at the K3 so I am not sure.