Clamp racks...let's see what ya got.

Steve Ash

We all got them. Clamp racks, that is. I have had a couple I have not been happy with, but my wife was at a garage sale this past Sept. and came home all excited she bought me a clamp rack on wheels. She explained as best she could what it looked like. She already paid for it .....$5.00, I thought at that price it couldn't be much but I went to get it anyway.

I was surprised! It is perfect for my needs, portable, square tubing on the main frame which works for pipe clamps to screw onto and then it has pipes welded off from that I use for my Jorgensens, Besseys and Irwins. Expanded metal on the bottom for my milk crate containing C-clamps and such.

Plenty of room to add more in the future....and completely portable.

Did I mention I Love my wife? :thumb: I wonder what she'll find next.

Attachments

• 100_2936.jpg
    100_2936.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 185
here`s a pic of my adjustable height clamp storage/sander/bandsaw outfeed table and a couple pics of the jlt set-up...
MVC-208S.JPG

MVC-209S.JPG

MVC-210S.JPG

Tod, I saw one of those clamp racks like in your last two pics. Very nice! They were a door and drawer company making only raised panel doors. They had a lot of glue squeeze out that had dripped on the floor over time.

2 questions. 1. what do you use to avoid glue on your floor and on the equiptment. and 2 is that a glue tray in the foreground of the last pic?

Mines changed since these pics, but basically the same.

Last edited:
Tod, I saw one of those clamp racks like in your last two pics. Very nice! They were a door and drawer company making only raised panel doors. They had a lot of glue squeeze out that had dripped on the floor over time.

2 questions. 1. what do you use to avoid glue on your floor and on the equiptment. and 2 is that a glue tray in the foreground of the last pic?

steve, yup they drip:eek: ......bates boothcoat is the answer to keep from contaminating the clamps....i just use a spud hoe to chip up set glue from the floor.....concrete does have a purpose in life.......yup that`s a glue pot you see, makes gluing up panels quick-n-easy.....it actually takes longer to prep the stock than to glue up 40-50 panels.....tod

Hmmmm.....

I'm afraid that my little rack can't compare to some listed above. None-the-less, here it is!

DSCN0876T.jpg

Small clamps are stored in boxes (by size) in th cabinet to the left of the rack. My small 'quick clamps' are on the legs of my workbench.

I do not like my set up very much because it is not mobile. A lot of walking and carrying of clamps when I need them. It is even worse when I need to put them all back. The reason that I do not have them on a movable rack is that I am out of room. No other option that I can think of.

dscf0005.jpg

Here's my pathetic little rack. Basically 4 clamps each of several styles.

I'm the odd man out on the idea of mobile clamp racks. I want my clamps to stay put - when I'm in the middle of a glue-up and find that I need one more clamp I sure don't want to have to try to find the rack:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 130-3054_IMG (450 x 600).jpg
    130-3054_IMG (450 x 600).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 88
I do not like my set up very much because it is not mobile. A lot of walking and carrying of clamps when I need them. It is even worse when I need to put them all back. The reason that I do not have them on a movable rack is that I am out of room. No other option that I can think of.

dscf0005.jpg
Allen - are you looking for someone to adopt? :wave:

yeah rennie beat me to it,, i have always had mine hagin but never as neat as your are allen, although the thought of havin them mobile is something i might consider, see i dont move as well as you folk and could use them as a cructh in am mergncy. nice rack allen

A work in progress. Added some more since this photo and still have more pegs and clamps I need to add. Never really wanted a mobile clamp rack. Takes up to much space for my tastes.

clamps.jpg

These must be 'bat clamps' as they are all hanging upside down!:D

Fascinating, never saw that before!:eek:

Bat clamps :eek: :rofl:

Thats how my jorgys are hanging. Heavy side down.;)

Course my wooden rack got broke when my roof fell in.:eek:
Another to-do thing to fix:( ;)

Here is the first one I built. I started gathering some clamps and had a corner space available so this happened.

CornerRack.jpg

Then the Jorgy 1/2 off special came about and I they had to have a home. This is just 2 2x4's with a notch on the top so they do not slide out.

Seems to also work as a place to hang my vacuum hose :)

JorgyRack.jpg

As you can see from the corner rack, I gotta do something else to create some more rack space.