Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My huge shop

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Cool My huge shop

This is the one where most of the work gets done. The other 2/3 is the rest of the three car garage is where I store nost of my raw stock and all of the pieces I have to start restoring. I only work on 1 piece at a time. I plan to move a lot of the equiptment into the bigger shop when I get time to run power in there. This shop is 10x20 and the back open out onto a 10x20 concrete slab. I can work out there weather permitting. The bigger shop is 24x26. when I get moved over I'll proubly convert this one into my finish room. I'll then have a shop over 800 sq.ft...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0630091616[1].JPG   0630091616b[1].JPG   0630091617[2].JPG   0630091639a[2].JPG   0630091639b[1].JPG  

0630091639[1].JPG  
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I notice the thermometer on the wall is hitting 100...boy do I NOT miss living in Arizona!
    Go ahead and run clown, with those big floppy shoes, you won't get far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Grimm View Post
    I notice the thermometer on the wall is hitting 100...boy do I NOT miss living in Arizona!
    yes but it's a dry heat...
    I made sure the thremometer was in the pix..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Nice looking shop. Now where is the wood stash?

Quote Originally Posted by Al killian View Post
    Nice looking shop. Now where is the wood stash?
    some is scatered all over the place but most of it is next door..

Don I have to give you guys allot of credit for working in tight areas. I have a 18x20' shop behind my home with a 5x5' cut out for a spray booth. I found it way to small to be refinishing furniture in and moved my shop to a commerical area 60x60'

Dave,
    It was fine until I got busy. No I need the extra room of the larger shop. The problem is I am to busy to make the move..

I guess thats the kind of problem most people would like to have.

Right now the way the economy is I wouldn't mind being back in my small shop. Be glad for what you have allot of guys are coming to me looking for a job.

100 degrees?

I just noticed that.

You are a braver man than I am.

(If I knew you better, Id say more insane than me, but the guys down in Texas that work in 115 degrees with 93% humidity take that spot in my book)

I got the air on today so it's in the 80's