Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don,t they speek sooner!

Why don,t they speek sooner!

I recently made 4 picture frames (6x8) out of some black walnut that I got in a garage sale. Took a fair amount of work to clean it up so it would be usable.
    I have 4 dogs,so I put a picture of each one in the new frames. When I went to hang the pictures up,Wife says we need to have frames for the 3 pictures from our 50th anniversary.....that was 3 years ago! OK I had some mahogany
    that was from some old shelving. So I cleaned it up and made 3 more frames.
    She even helped to hang them so they were just where she wanteed them.
    Those were 8x10. Next day she sats there are 3 more pictures that are 5x7
    Can you make these out of a lighter color wood. No problem, how about oak in Golden Oak color ..... Great,she says..... I make 3 more and hang them up.
    Now she says,I like that color much better, can you just make them all like that. The word kill never entered my mind. If you believe that I have 7 other picture frames I will sell real cheep. I will post the pics later
    If you make a mistake it was part of the original plan!

first of all its a woman, thats making the calls so yu as much as anyone are old enough to realize that yu can never please them,,, so just go get the wood and make them over and be sure to say Yes Dear with a artifical smile
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

so. . .what's the problem? Didn't you expect something like this to happen?
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

What we have here, is a failure to communicate. You obviously should have asked her first!

Ron ..... That is such a funny story. Probably because most of us married can relate.
    cheers

Gee Ron, I thought everyone knew that you "ALWAYS" make Two of something and give her the one you DON'T Like first, BUT Brag on it like it's what you REALLY LIKE, and I guarantee she will like the other one better. (At least that's the way it has worked at MY House for the last 48 years, 'course that may just be a Red Headed thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Hitt View Post
    Gee Ron, I thought everyone knew that you "ALWAYS" make Two of something and give her the one you DON'T Like first, BUT Brag on it like it's what you REALLY LIKE, and I guarantee she will like the other one better. (At least that's the way it has worked at MY House for the last 48 years, 'course that may just be a Red Headed thing).
    I don't think that is hair color specific; I'm pretty sure it's gender specific. Sure hope the LOML doesn't see this thread.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

All of you so far on this thread:

You just love to live dangerously. I normally sign off with "Enjoy." and I will on this one. I do hope you live long enough to read it.

Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Take it by the positive side... where on earth would you have found enough motivation to build so many picture frames?
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

don't feel too bad ron, my wife pulled something like that a couple of times on me. last fall she took one look at the 12 frames i had made up to sell for xmas, and promptly listed the names of the people who were going to recieve them as gifts. recently, she said that we could keep the grandfather clock i'm building. i asked her if we had enough space, and she said we did, and we could put it next to the book case. since then, she said that we don't have the space any more (i don't see how, since nothing has changed), and that since my dad was dropping a few non too subtle hints, she said it would make a wonderful birthday present for him. just can't win some days....
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking