SHOW us yur finishing room

Nice work and thanks for posting.

How much room does your booth take up when it's folded and in storage?

You are welcome John. I am glad that this might help someone.

I take off the fan to store the unit and when all of the panels are folded up and stored stacked against each other they take up a space of 4'x8'x8". That doesn't seem like much space for me to give up for an 8'x8' enclosed booth when I need it.

I did mention that I was going to try using the fan as a blower instead of an exhaust fan to keep it out of the way of the fumes. It worked great. In fact I think that it worked better as it kept the spray dust out of the motor and also created a positive pressure inside the booth which I think helped keep out all of the little dust particles that try to come in through the cracks using it as an exhaust fan. It also helps keep stuff out when I open the door to go in or out.

Last edited:
looks great allen

that is neat setup you have let me know how the fan works in the reverse application like charlie told you. i have access to fan that would work like that.. i think its a old furnace fan. that should work as well as yours i think :huh: if i blow instead of suck out the fumes. tell me what you think...

let me know how the fan works in the reverse application--------- tell me what you think...

Larry,

Both ways, exhaust and blower, work good at keeping the fumes out.

I like the blower setup better because:

1. Due to the positive pressure inside the booth it keeps any contamination from entering through small leaks.

2. Due to the positive pressure inside the booth it keeps any contamination from entering the booth through the door when I go in and out with the fan running.

3. It keeps my fan blades and motor clean since they are on the infeed side of the airflow

4. And best of all, it keeps the fan motor out of the path of the possible explosive vapors and allows me to use other than waterbased products.

I don't have a dedicated finishing room in the winter really, so I do that in my shop. But when its warm enough, I will pull my snowmobile out of the adjoining sled shed next to my shop, set up some sawhorses and finish my projects out there. Its great because its open aired, but still out of the weather. I even wired in a speaker so that when I am out there working on my sled, or finishing a woodworking project, I can listen to the local radio station. Here is a picture in any case:

Shop_Overview_Outside-452x334.jpg

Sled_Shed_Organization-450x332.jpg

Allen, I see blue filters to let the air in/out of the shop opposite of the fan. What are the specs on them and where did you get them/ I have been thinking of going to a paint shop and getting a few designed for a spray both.

Al,

The blue filters are Flanders washable air filters from HomeDepot. It looks like that overspray would blow right through them but that does not seem to be the case. I wanted to restrict the airflow as little as possible and the washable idea seemed like a good idea also. I have not washed mine yet but I have vaccumed them a couple to times. The intake filter is a home airconditioner filter from HomeDepot that works fine, at least so far.