Ashman's been busy

Steve Ash

Been a while since I logged on.....in fact Tom Niemi informed me today as to the exact date, and he was right on.....don't anyone ever play any dates trivia with him.....he'd be a sure winner.

It's been a real busy place around here the past year.....our town got hit with a massive dose of large hail as evidenced by the pictures of some of the houses I put bids on. I can honestly say I did not know where my next house payment would be coming from with Michigans poor economy.....all I can say is the Lord hears a desperate mans prayer. Since the hail storm hit I have done in excess of 120 bids on roofs, siding, soffits, facia, gutters, windows and doors. I was awarded about 40 contracts from various insurance companies for repairs to damaged houses,garages and pole barns. I went from a crew of mostly me, to a full time roofing crew with my 2 sons doing extra roofing jobs on the weekend, myself and another doing siding, etc. and another crew doing gutters and downspouts. so now I am keeping 9 people gainfully employed. I know it is going to end as the repairs will eventually all get done.....but I am still booked up the rest of this year at least with more work for the insurance companies......they keep sending work my way because they say my prices are great, workmanship is exceptional, and no call backs or upset customers.

I am gonna hate it when this "ride" ends, the money has been good and I have everything paid for, even bought some new equiptment. I asked the insurance folks to keep me in mind for anything in the future, so I hope that works out.

P1010302.jpg

P1010297.jpg

Not everything has been all work around here, even though I have not done any wood working in the shop......but we got a new grand daughter. Her name is Ava Mae and is another blessing in itself

031.jpg

......and I bought another antique John Deere.....this one is a pretty rare one with a factory wide front and 3 point hitch. It would be akin to finding a 1955 Chevy 2 door Bel Aire in original condition, with no rust, a little bad paint and ran like new.

027.jpg

Had a litter of pigs born too.....

028-1.jpg

So that is what the Ashman has been up to, been very hectic, but like my daddy always said.......ya gotta make hay when the sunshines......and I have. :thumb:

I hear there is a 2010 tour coming up.....might be time for me to relax....:dunno:

I was thinking about you just the other day, wondering if you were still fixing hail damage. I see the answer was "hail, yes". :p

Glad to see the haymaking has been good to you. It'd be great if you could break away for the 2010 tour...it's expected to make a pass through my part of the country, and I'd enjoy seeing you with it. :thumb:

I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that you have been so very busy :thumb:

The bit about "Exceptional work, great prices and happy customers" did not surprise me one little bit, you ALWAYS do a good job :clap:

Cheers! :wave:

Great to hear from you, Ashman. I had asked Larry about you several months ago, so I'm glad you've been having a good "Hay Season":D and taking advantage of it too.:thumb: Congrats on all the new "Additions" you've acquired. Keep us updated from time to time when you have a chance.

Good to hear from you Steve! I want to say hope your world slows down, but then again I hope it doesn't. Congrats on all that is happening in your life. :thumb:

Welcome back. Congrats on the beautiful g'daughter. :thumb:
And all those other 'babies' are fine too, but in a different way, of course.
Another green tractor? :eek: Ye'll nebber learn. Reds are the only good ones. :rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't resist. Looks like a fine addition to the collection.

Steve,

Good to hear from you.

I was also a little absent for a while, but back posting and trying to enjoy Wood working.

Great to hear you business has taken off. Good service and good craftsmanship will WIN every time.

55 Chevy I can understand, very cool tractor!!!

Pigs, I don't understand except for pork butts, shoulders and bacon...

Keep on posting....

See ya ...

Steve, glad to here from you again.

Art, yes the front end is adjustable as most tractors are. This is so as you are doing different things you can shift te weigth around.

Art, just to add a bit more to Al's answer. You have adjustable front ends and fixed front ends. Mine is an adjustable wide front end, here is a picture of it next to my dad's fixed or "Standard" wide front. These tractors are both wide fronts, but as you can see with my dad's......it can not be adjusted. A "standard" tractor is more collectible than a adjustable, but both are much more valuable than a "narrow front.

010.jpg

.......and Frank, how many times do I have to tell you......barns are Red, tractors are GREEN :rofl:

Yep, I got lucky yesterday, had the ashman and the ambassadore at my shop yesterday :D yes I know no pics didn't happen, had the camera all ready to go and plum forgot:p then all met at the ambassadores for some caribou on the grill:D:thumb: Nice JD Steve though I would rather have the 55:D and good to see ya here on the forum. Good meeting you finally also:wave: