Lathe Speed Adjustment not working

Ed, would you be interested in selling me your pulley segment if you are no longer using that lathe?(

Um, no. We (two man shop) occasionally drag it out of the corner and set it up on the work bench. It's not in perfect running order, but will do in a pinch.

There should be an 800 number on the motor. Call them for parts. Do you have the manual?

IIRC there was a fairly long thread about this problem on a Canadian forum. I'll dig it up and post a link later.

Edit: I found the other thread and he had a somewhat different problem. Mastercraft Lathe
I don't have the 800 # on hand but will try to remember to jot it down when I'm in the shop today.

Last edited:
Thanks Ed, I do have the 1-800 number and I tried calling them, but they said that the manufacturer for that Lathe has gone out of business and they can no longer provide parts for them.

On the up side, I think I found a Busy Bee lathe that looks identical (similar to the Grizzly and Jet ones). They had the parts and I've ordered them. Once I get them next week, I'll post an update if they work with the exact model number for anyone else who might have problems with this lathe.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks Ed, I do have the 1-800 number and I tried calling them, but they said that the manufacturer for that Lathe has gone out of business and they can no longer provide parts for them.

On the up side, I think I found a Busy Bee lathe that looks identical (similar to the Grizzly and Jet ones). They had the parts and I've ordered them. Once I get them next week, I'll post an update if they work with the exact model number for anyone else who might have problems with this lathe.

Thanks for all the help.

Good luck.

I got my parts from busy bee and they all matched up with the Mastercraft lathe perfectly. My variable speed is now working again, better than ever. Thanks for the help.

For reference if any one else has the same problem and models as I do.

Mastercraft Lathe model #: 55-4508
Busy Bee model #: B2198

I got my parts from busy bee and they all matched up with the Mastercraft lathe perfectly. My variable speed is now working again, better than ever. Thanks for the help.

For reference if any one else has the same problem and models as I do.

Mastercraft Lathe model #: 55-4508
Busy Bee model #: B2198

Would have liked to see pictures of the parts before they were installed. How about a picture of the working system?