Thread: I need to clean my Dust collector more often..

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Red face I need to clean my Dust collector more often..

I decided that my DC need to be emptied out, boy was I suprised..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0706091747[2].JPG   0706091747a[1].JPG  
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

falcon heights, minnesota
    i'm sure you could fit just a little bit more in...
    benedictione omnes bene

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    It seems that I check mine and check mine and there's just not much in there . . . then all of the sudden . . .
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

new york city burbs
    I couldnt wait to buy a dust collector, just to keep some kind of cleanliness around the place.
    I bought alot of hoses and attachments to hook up all the machines. It works well.
    Man, I really, really hate cleaning the dust collector.
    Gotta be one of worst tasks in woodworking.

Waterford, MI
    About 3 weeks ago I get to thinking that the flashing amber light outside my DC closet has never gone off yet and that I should probably do a manual check pretty soon. A couple days later the light starts flashing so I can relax about anything being wrong with my bin sensor and warning light. I only have a 35 gal drum under mine so it wasn't too bad but it still took me a bit of doing to get it emptied out.
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

Sometimes it seems that it fills by itself overnight.

Yup, it an the scruge of the WWer... I miss the days when all you had to do was ring the clean-up bell and bark at the students to clean the shop. and the Janitors emptyed the collector.... Brings you down a notch when you have to do it yourself...

Don't forget to save some for this fall, I store bulbs in DC shavings till spring. works great! v Last year I had tossed out my last batch when I realized I needed some for the winter, so I processed a few feet of lumber and collected a fair share for the bulbs.

Floydada, Tx
    Wow, that is some really fine shavings. I empty mine once a week.

Odessa, Tx
    Boy, looks like that was close to a real "OOPS", Don, 'cause NOBODY likes to clean packed sawdust out of the filter pleats.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Looks like you mixed the male and female wood together and it multiplied Don.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault