Tool Gloat

Dan Mooney

Harbor Freight had their Mortising Machine on sale in the latest flyer for $124.99, (Reg 159.99)

They are kind enough to email me 20% off coupon every couple weeks, so I got out the door for $99.99.

Works great, being HF hope it will last, so far I've had great luck with their tools.

Attachments

• Mortiser.05.jpg
    Mortiser.05.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 62
You're gonna enjoy having a drill press for square holes. Invest in a couple good-quality bits, and you should be all set.

Sweet deal. Maybe I will have to stop over and grab one. Now I need to find a cupon.

Al,
Get on their mailing list, you'll get coupons and specials all the time, the sale on the mortiser at the $124.99 in the flyer is suppose to be good till the 20th. I'd send you the email with the coupon, but it expired yesterday.

Al,
Get on their mailing list, you'll get coupons and specials all the time, the sale on the mortiser at the $124.99 in the flyer is suppose to be good till the 20th. I'd send you the email with the coupon, but it expired yesterday.

Dan, did you do anything special to get those $20 coupons? I saw others mention that in the past, and I have bought a lot of stuff, (selectively picked items of course) at their local store. Since I have been on their mailing list, (snail mail list) and get flyers all the time for the past three or four years but never got any of those coupons, I asked at the store how to get them and they said I had to fill out an application for one of their (Visa or Master Cards, (can't remember which one) and then I would get the coupons. I declined on that, so is there another way to get on the coupon list?

Note: On some of the gloss paper flyers, they do have cupons, but they are for specific items that only give you a slae price for that item, and can't be used in combination with any other promotional/sale price.

Last edited:
Dan, did you do anything special to get those $20 coupons? I saw others mention that in the past, and I have bought a lot of stuff, (selectively picked items of course) at their local store. Since I have been on their mailing list, (snail mail list) and get flyers all the time for the past three or four years but never got any of those coupons, I asked at the store how to get them and they said I had to fill out an application for one of their (Visa or Master Cards, (can't remember which one) and then I would get the coupons. I declined on that, so is there another way to get on the coupon list?

Note: On some of the gloss paper flyers, they do have cupons, but they are for specific items that only give you a slae price for that item, and can't be used in combination with any other promotional/sale price.

Norman,
If you go to the HF website, on the left side of the homepage there is a link to request a Free catalog or a free retail flyer. that takes you to a page to create a new account, click that and fill out the form and check ones you're interested in. and you'll start getting ads and coupons in your email.
Dan

Attachments

• HF.01.jpg
    HF.01.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 15
  • HF.02.jpg
    HF.02.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 12
Must Be Magic???????

Norman,
If you go to the HF website, on the left side of the homepage there is a link to request a Free catalog or a free retail flyer. that takes you to a page to create a new account, click that and fill out the form and check ones you're interested in. and you'll start getting ads and coupons in your email.
Dan

Hmmmm........... I haven't figured out how that happened,....... after months of trying to get on the coupon list, I ask the question here last night, (actually, the early morning hours of today), and Ka Zam......... A nice glossy HF Flyer arrives today with several pages of individual coupons for individual items on sale, then I look through the new issue of Wood Magazine and there in Big Bold Print is a 20% off coupon. Must be Magic.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmmmm........... I haven't figured out how that happened,....... after months of trying to get on the coupon list, I ask the question here last night, (actually, the early morning hours of today), and Ka Zam......... A nice glossy HF Flyer arrives today with several pages of individual coupons for individual items on sale, then I look through the new issue of Wood Magazine and there in Big Bold Print is a 20% off coupon. Must be Magic.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don Garlits, the old drag racer once said, "I'd rather be lucky than good any day!":thumb:

Norm I was busy reading your post from top down and going to reply that you can find a 20% off coupon in the latest wood magazine but then I saw you found that out yourself.:rofl::thumb:

I am too scared to go near that store. I see there is one close to the Canadian border.:D

Norm I was busy reading your post from top down and going to reply that you can find a 20% off coupon in the latest wood magazine but then I saw you found that out yourself.:rofl::thumb:

I am too scared to go near that store. I see there is one close to the Canadian border.:D

Yeah Rob, you better stay away from there or your wifey will most likely want to know what all that trail of thing is doing following you in through the door.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I will say that there are a LOT of Items they sell that I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole, but then there are others that you get, (not really expecting them to last very long) and you can't seem to wear them out. Another thing I keep plenty of that is real inexpensive and very good quality is the packages of Foam Sanding pads that come 6 to a pack, IIRC, for about $2.69/pack on sale and come in either fine, medium or coarse grits. I won't buy their other sanding papers though, but their 4 1/2" metal grinding/cutoff discs work pretty well and they usually have good prices on 4 1/2" & 5" Makita sanding discs for circular sanders, (Not for ROS').