I’m writing to call your attention to the second annual Wood Objects juried woodwork exhibition, to be held in Canada’s National Capital region from November 27-29, 2009 in conjunction with the Ottawa Woodworking Show.
The Wood Objects organizing committee comes under the auspices of the Ottawa Woodworkers Association, a not-for-profit organization. Some important facts about Wood Objects include:
• last year’s very successful exhibition featured over $6,000 in prizes!
• our jury includes Michael Fortune, one of Canada’s most respected and creative contemporary furniture masters
• all accepted works will be showcased in a high quality printed catalogue and on our website
• any Canadian resident is eligible to enter
• the deadline for entries is October 9, 2009
Wood Objects has three objectives:
• to foster excellence in the design and crafting of wood objects
• to create an opportunity for the public to experience finely crafted objects
• to encourage aspiring artisans
Our Youth category is open to anyone under the age of 18 who enthusiastically creates wooden objects. Our Student/Emerging Artist category is open to anyone enrolled in a full-time woodworking school program at any point in 2009 prior to October 9, 2009, or anyone who has been creating wooden objects for up to five years. We also have an Open category, which has no age or other restrictions and is available to anyone who enjoys creating wooden objects.
Wood Objects features works predominantly constructed of wood. Materials other than wood may be used to complement the design. Importance should be given to original design, excellence in workmanship and diversity of approach. Work of the highest standard is encouraged!
More details about Wood Objects 2009, including guidelines for applying, can be found at our website, www.woodobjects.ca.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you soon!
The Wood Objects 2009 Committee