Well it's friday and another weekend is upon us. So What R Ur week end plans ?

Don Baer

Staff member
I had to go down to Tucson today so I'm a little late posting this. What interesting projects ya'll got planned for the weekend.

I'll be finishing up the Kitchen table restoration and finishing up the benches I was commisioned to make. I'f I get time I'll start on twin Cradle I am going to restore. The grandaughter will also want me to help her with her house so I've got a full weekend ahead of me.

So what are ya'll go to do.

I've got a big elm bowl in progress on the lathe, and if I get off my duff I've got some flatwork projects to do. I finally uncovered my tablesaw this week, so I have no more excuses.

I'll also be working on a website for a buddy of mine. More on that later. ;)

Nothing wood related......

Going to try to visit a friend of mine from college on Sat. night.

Think I need to pull weeds in the greenhouse too.....as in rag weed and lambsquarter....not weed as in Marijuana.

uncovering your tablesaw is one of the first signs of recovery vaughn, come back from that dark, spinny side, follow your tablesaw back to the light... :D

as for me, i'll be working all day tomorrow on the grandfather clock.:thumb:

Hoping the house will show a lot myself, but getting out of it anyway and checking out a museum. Haven't been to the Nelson Atkins Museum since I was about 16. Need to get over to the in-laws and try and get their new mailbox post up for them and start picking up the FIL's shop for him to get started on a new entertainment center project. He's coming off of heart surgery and time to start getting back at it whether he likes it or not. ;)

Vaughn, did you figure out that electrical problem or planning to save on morning coffee for a while? :p

...Vaughn, did you figure out that electrical problem or planning to save on morning coffee for a while? :p

There are three words in your question that are usually not associated with me: Planning, Morning, and Coffee. I try to avoid all three. :D No progress beyond switching the hot and neutral legs on the old circuit, and that still didn't solve the original problem of a hot ground. It's been pretty warm in the shop during the day, and electrical troubleshooting is much easier under daylight, so further investigation will have to wait for a bit cooler weather. ;) Since I suspect it's been this way for a while, I figure I don't have to rush into finding a fix.

Loml and my daughter are going to get the goat weighed for FFA this morning and I am babysitting Sammy to make sure he doesn't chew on his stitches. We will probably go in the shop, turn the a/c on and I will work on the dust collector ductwork.

I want to crank out a couple more small things for Christmas. I'm trying to do a few here and there so I will be somewhat prepared this year. Here's some items on their way to the "holding area" in the spare bedroom. A candle holder (mahogany and ash), fireplace match box (goncalo alves and cherry), flip-lid box (ash and cherry) and a cousin to the shedua/ash box I posted earlier.

Attachments

• few-items-002.jpg
    few-items-002.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
at least the last half of the day wont be a total loss toni:) shopping is a waste of time and the ladies seem to have to look at everything,,,, twice:eek::thumb:

Totally agree, but I'd rather please her on this than having a full week of bad faces, and continuos interruptions when I'm at the shop:(.

Did a bunch of clock service calls today as in 7. Will probably turn some bird houses for Christmas tomorrow.

Toni is right Larry. Let them shop and look all they want if it makes them happy cause when I ask for a new toy......er tool she is more likely to be a little more cooperative.:rofl: Sometimes.:rolleyes:;)

Saturday - Pressure wash a house (not mine), help my wife with the annual neighborhood garage sale, buy a new recliner.

Sunday - finish wiring my new turning shed.

I had to go down to Tucson today so I'm a little late posting this. What interesting projects ya'll got planned for the weekend.

I'll be finishing up the Kitchen table restoration and finishing up the benches I was commisioned to make. I'f I get time I'll start on twin Cradle I am going to restore. The grandaughter will also want me to help her with her house so I've got a full weekend ahead of me.

So what are ya'll go to do.

I picked this up late, but yesterday spent 6 hours at a Farmers Market craft show... first 4 hours I sold one count them (1), little bowl for $15... figured another wasted Saturday... before the day ended though didn't do too badly..
Today, I'm contemplating crawling under the house to fix another busted water pipe we discovered last night... not a good thing as I'm also suffering from a pretty severe back strain from somewhere... can't figure it out as I've not done anything lately to pull muscles... oh well, enough pain killers and maybe I can get it done.. just hope the local hardware store is open so I can get the fittings I need.

as we were eating an early breakfast this morning, my wife mentions, hey, I could use 3 gifts for when I fly down next week.
I ask her what is she thinking, not realizing shes putting me to work, oh, I have nothing to do anyway, so she tells me to make 3 candle holders, simple and everyone loves them.
I went back to bed at 9am, but got up at 9:50 and sorted through the mess and found my planed 6/4 oak.
Found my template, didnt even bother to set up drill press, the new lithium battery for the Ryobi is wonderful, just bradded 3 sticks to the work table to hold the squares in place, and drilled them out, stained them, all within 2 hours. A few rub on coats of poly this week will finish them off.
Easy enough.

Attachments

• wood stuff 1013 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1013 (Medium).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 6
  • wood stuff 1014 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1014 (Medium).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 7