Bath vanity, looking for help

I need to build two bathroom vanities.
I am looking for some ideas or references
how they are build.

I have used google to look for this,
however I can not find any good reference.

I am planning to use solid wood and I am
thinking in Balsamo wood.

Thanks in advance

Alfredo, I've done a few bathroom vanities. Nothing fancy, just good solid pieces. I use a face frame construction, frame and panel doors. The carcase is IMO, best made of 3/4" baltic birch plywood, or a similar stable plywood. I've painted all of mine. If you want to not have them painted, good quality oak, cherry or other plywood will work just fine too.

Any of the several books on kitchen cabinets - by Jere Cary or Jim Tolpin show basic carcase construction. You can adapt dimensions for bathroom use.

Good luck.

Ken

I've made several - all stained & poly-ed - with oak ply for the sides and a solid oak face frame, front panel, and raised panel doors.

Construction is pretty straight-forward - just build a cabinet box. The most important part is to make sure you use waterproof, or at least water resistant, glue, and that you finishe the cabinet inside and out to seal it thoroughly. Bathrooms are a very humid environment - particularly if there's a shower in there - so sealing the cabinet is imperative if you want the cabinet to last.

My suggestion is to stroll through a Cabinet store (HD, Lowes, or high end displays, see what they have to offer. study the designs and find the one or two that makes you (and the better half) happy and suits your skill level (or a bit beyond for a challenge) Go home and sketch some plans (if in doubt, post them here for evaluation... I am sure there is an Opinion or so floating about) Then go from there... Waiting to see your plan... :thumb:

Thank you for all your comments and advice.
I really appreciate them.
Which router bit set for the panel door you suggest to buy ?
Best regards

If you're only going to be making a few doors - not going into production mode - I'd suggest ordering them from MLCS. They're pretty good bits, and considerably less expensive than most others.

If you intend doing many more doors - like maybe a total kitchen remodel, or something, then a set of CMT, Amana, or Freud might be a better consideration.

Who sells locally there in Mexico? If shipping and customs duties are a consideration, then a local buy might suit you better.

You don't need to buy more router bits. You can use flat door panels or raise them by plane or table saw. The frames can be mortise and tenon, stub tenon, pocket screw or biscuits.

If you're set on buying router bits, I think Grizzly has a pretty good selection at fairly low cost.

LOML has choosen the design of the vanity.
She wants a vanity with bun feet.
I found a picture of a bun boot, and she likes
this design. Last weekend I started to glue some wood pieces
for making 8 feet.

However, I am not sure how this vanity is made,
specially in the joins and if mouldings are used.

I am attaching picture of the vanity and bun foot I am talking about.
Does anyone has seen a tutorial or plan
how this kind of vanity is made ?
Thanks in advance
Alfredo

Attachments

• design_body.jpg
    design_body.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 12
  • design_foot.jpg
    design_foot.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6