upgrade

"White Jet is junk"???

Oh Dear. And here's me thought I had found my PM in Ireland. Oh well, just keep looking and hoping the real thing arrives here when I have my pennies saved up.

BTW, if it is a "White" Jet, it is junk. Blue Jets are made for industry White is built for hobbyists...

Really? I've never heard that before. I thought they went from blue to white just like powermatic went from green to mustard. :dunno:Where did you hear this Bill? :huh:

Dang Fred, the lathes sure aren't cooperating well at all for you. I'm sure Teknatool will take care of you, but it's still a bummer to be losing out on the potential turning time.

I vote for Powermatic, I had them in all the school shops where I taught and NEVER a down time... Abused by kids and errant teachers and still running DAILY :thumb:

Here I sit with Junque and long for one of the old Powermatics... BTW, if it is a "White" Jet, it is junk. Blue Jets are made for industry White is built for hobbyists...

Although Fred's experience would indicate otherwise, there are a lot of happy "white" Jet tool owners, and I'd hesitate to call all white Jet tools junk. With a few exceptions, today's tools are simply not built as beefily as they were when PM was making green tools and Jet was making blue ones.

Bren, that white 3520 Jet sells in the UK sure looks exactly like the yellow ones PM sells over here. I'd not worry about it any more than buying any other power tool. ;)

Fred, that is good news, it still sucks that it broke, I'd be not very happy about that, with it being new and all, but I guess these things happen.

I've heard that Tim is very much on top of the customer service for you guys in the US.

Best of luck!