Garage/shop rearrangement

If it the double plug in your talking about there may be an extender box for the front of it & if there is enough wire you would just shut off the electricity to the plug remove the cover & unscrew the plugs thread them through the back of the extender screw the extender to the front of the original box screw the plugs to the box & replace the cover.

the double plug bart I can get out far enough, Im just going to put a block in back of it to hold it out enough.
yeah alan, probably do what you said. I insulated the rest of the wall up to the bench, ran out of sheetrock, and after I finish that half of wall, Im done with the insulating for a while.
Ill install the door insulation, the door floor stop, and then get back to woodworking.
Should be a good week for me, Ill finish this mess up, straighten up the shop, the contractor told me hes here wed, thurs, and friday and should be completely finished, with the windows and the kitchen counter should be here by weeks end, so by next week, Ill be back in business, and have alot more house work to take care of.
(Im down the 29-1st for IV, but I will be banging out work next month)

I spoke with my electrician buddy, and he told me not to touch anything, asked if I could just leave that one area between the studs open until he moves what I want moved, so I agreed, and when he has time or is over for a visit, hell move it for me.
I was yanking on things today, and realized maybe its not such a good idea.
Just leave all the wire moving for him, doesnt matter if I dont get it moved till after the summer, the rest of that wall section is finished and the shelves are up, I didnt mess around today, even though I didnt start until 1 pm.

moving along, I still have to clear up junk and organize, but after putting all the machines back, connecting up dust lines and checking it all(Im going to try the TS in another position, but not till I finish some woodworking projects)
I made enough room in the shop to hold a dance. I love it.
I still havent insulated the overhead door, but tomorrow that gets done as well as more shelving up above door and some pegboard to hang things, and maybe just some running pine to put nails in to hang things.(Im not spending money, Im using old grey metal shelving brackets I saved from my store demo, they might be 60 years old but they will serve a purpose, along with old single standards and old style brackets.
IM getting there, and now I see some light at the end of the tunnel.
I have to go through all the boxes on the floor in the back and start sorting out all that to condense it down to fewer boxes.

I finally decided today I use the plunge saw so much now, that it had to come out of its systainer and onto a shelf.
I put the new festool router up on top in box, since I havent touched it yet.
Im pretty sure Ill just be storing systainers and have the tools open on shelves, my hands are having a rough time opening the containers lately.Cant pop those snap locks easily.

Its the first time in a long time Im a bit happy with the way things are shaping up in the shop.

Attachments

• kitchen makeover 078 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen makeover 078 (Medium).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 59
  • kitchen makeover 079 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen makeover 079 (Medium).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 58
  • kitchen makeover 080 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen makeover 080 (Medium).jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 62
moved hundreds of board feet into the shed, which made room underneath the wood pile in front for the planer and jointer to be stored.
I also took out the drum sander and stored it in the shed.
The drywall cart will be stored there also, but Ive been moving sheets around while sheetrocking, so its still in front. Ill push the bandsaw and tool chest to the back wall, and build a portable work bench, similar to what glenn is making, on the idea that bart first mentioned so Ill have a pop up torsion work bench whenever I need more assembly space., but that will also be stored in the shed, only taken in when needed.

oh, alan, I also added 4 more light fixtures, 2 of which I wont even need.
after I finish insulating the roof, and eventually figure out where I want the tablesaw, I will install a permanent dust line, no more rubber or plastic hoses.

Around a year ago, I had posted somewhere I bought 96 sq ft of gladiator flooring for 90 bucks each 48 sq ft. Ive been watching and watching and have not found one sale again or used even, so I decided with the hurricane coming and not sure how the new garage door guard will hold back water, why not try to lay the 100 sq feet and give it a whirl.
I have one bad spot right near door from where I cemented over and made it a bit too high, but my son can knock that down with a hammer, and all other spots later on I bought cement caulking to level out.
The flooring makes moving machines very easy as compared to chipped and uneven cement. Water will never be an issue, and Im quite sure not having the machines on the cement will help sound and my back a bit.
Too bad the boxes werent the same color, it was cheap enough, the new flooring I ordered to finish the shop was alot more money.

Attachments

• kitchen makeover 081 (Medium).jpg
    kitchen makeover 081 (Medium).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 70
a little thankyou to steve over in xmasville indiana, the strip you told me to get seems like its going to work for me. I think its going to get a nice test this weekend with 10 inches of rain and 85 mph winds.

Im going to try to divert the load of water. I used a few dabs of adhesive to hold a piece of corrugated plastic roofing in front of the door anyway since the water is expected to be enormous.

I didnt advance in the shop today because Im getting ill, thanx to me brother and wife, and I had to take down the 20 foot tent and secure all the junk outside, so now the shop is filled again.

I believe Ill call it quits till late next week.

I just got caught up on the pictures you posted on the 24th, and I'm calling shenanigans. :rolleyes: That can't be your shop. You must have found a neighbor's shop and taken a few photos. :p

It's looking great in there, Allen. :clap: Take a break, get well, stay safe and dry, and may your treatments next week go smoothly. :thumb:

the strip installed on the bottom of the door held fast and repelled water.
When I popped my head in to look 12 hours into the rain, I noticed a drop of dampness on the left side, where it used to flood in under the door.
But behind the rest of the strip it was bone dry.
AFter another 10 hours of wind driven rain, and I pulled the plastic off from in front of the garage, think it had a pooling effect, I noticed more water in the garage on the left side.
I looked closely, the strip held fine. The water pools outside on the driveway when it cant drain fast enough, and then there must be one small spot under the frame of the door itself that it gets it, cause I noticed water, not just dampness, all the way to the left side of the door up at the frame.
So when it dries, Ill cement/caulk up the spots.
all in all, 20 hours of wind driven heavy rain, there was only a bit of water in there compared to the flooding Id always have after a heavy rain fall.

I got all the bad spots caulked, I installed the overhead door insulation kit today, and I hung a few more shelves, not sure if permanent, some more small pegboards(I ran out of pegboard), and my biggest accomplishment, I managed to sort out 12 large boxes and 5 small boxes of assorted junk and hardware down to 3 large boxes and 3 small boxes., so I believe tomorrow, I will actually begin woodworking again in my shop.

as time goes by, I will sort out everything I just threw on peghooks and make the drawers more managable. Everything is accessible, I found some nice hardware I had buried, and all tools are in their place.
Without giving much concern about looks, I had one old kitchen drawer that almost fit perfectly under my planer cabinet, so I tweaked it a bit, and put the drawer in so I can move the orbital sanders and supplies from the drum sander table(now stored in the shed) to the planer table.

I had to enlist the help of my wife yesterday, as once again(duh, Im a sick dude for sure), the new meds Im on are making me feel cruddy, perhaps affecting my sugar levels or other bad things, the reason I hate steroids and immunosuppresives, but my wife laid the rest of the floor for me yesterday.
I coached and directed. She moves like an 18 y/o, bending and lifting like nothing bothers her. Im just so jealous of her.

Anyway, woodworking starts tomorrow as long as I feel ok.
I hit the doctors later this week and early next week. Something is wrong, and I have to figure it out with them, first time in my life Im worried about things.

I was watching to see how the new garage door gaasket worked. I feel comfortable about investing in some now. My garage faces east so I don't get the full force of the rain when we get real windy rainy days.

So, what's the next project going to be ??

my project list:
1.build a silverware box, simple glued and pins, leftover mahogany/spanish cedar.
2.make a new cutting board for the kitchen, maybe make a new one for the contractor also(his girlfriend)
3.Make the top section of my sons back bar, just a simple wall with some shelves, the cabinet bottom with sink will have to wait till my son decides if he wants a sink or not and will spend the money on it.
4.spackle a few spots in the kitchen, prime and repaint kitchen when contractor leaves.
5.spackle around same time main room wall, along with windows in main room, wife purchased new window treatments so taking down the verticals I have to repair/prime and paint all around.
6.Get busy painting new moldings around all the new entranceways the contractor put in.
7.Stain and poly the new wood door to the new closet type area the contractor put it. I hate this kind of work, its tedious, and very time consuming, but it must be done.
8.After I finish all this, I will install new moldings around some of the window that have 50 years worth of paint on them, easier to just replace, then prime and paint
9.Once I finish most of this stuff, I need to get to work on my wifes special present, originally targeted for oct 4th, her birthday, but probably wont get anywhere near it till nov or dec.
It will be another attempt at an all solid wood cabinet, my own design, all dovetailed(machined ofcourse), using maple, spalted maple, mahogany, and some walnut.

after all this, I get to work on my guest bedroom, repainted, reflooring, and building a few pieces of furniture for itout of cherry and maple.

should keep me busy till mid/late next year along with my sons home and the work I need to do there.

crap, just reminded myself, I have to cut him 3 transitions out of oak for his floor, have to squeeze that in soon.

I was watching to see how the new garage door gaasket worked. I feel comfortable about investing in some now. My garage faces east so I don't get the full force of the rain when we get real windy rainy days.

So, what's the next project going to be ??

the gasket is a beautiful thing, I purchased a tube of contractors glue/sealent and didnt use what the manufacturer gave.

The fiberglass door panel insulation had to be trimmed and retrimmed since it kept hitting the door sensor and the door would open up from bouncing into the sensor. Corrected that today.
Since Im locked inside the garage now, i want to intall a push button light that will alert me when a family member wants me, I dont want anyone else to know about the button.

I was so close to getting out there today to do some real woodworking.
My health issues struck again!
Been feeling cruddy for a week, turns out my sugar levels are off the wall insane, possibly triggered by the immuno suppressives Im on.
Its just an ongoing battle. Got a new machine today, one I didnt want.
A little tester, and my wife suggested I get my pin nailer out of the garage and use that to drawer blood since Im having so much problems with the lancet things. She is funny.