Garage/shop rearrangement

I have the bandsaw and jointer by powermatic, but the sign was just a gift, I thought Id send Larry a sawstop sign, but this was all the tool guy had I guess.
I was going to regift it. hehehehe

Just some more great news, the oral surgeon called me just this second, they have a cancellation tomorrow morning so I get to spend the morning having an extraction. My week keeps getting better. wisdom tooth.

The tool guy told me he had one setup on display so I went over to give it a looksie since its an interesting mobile base, it kinda fits through the base of the saw. He showed me all the little interesting tidbits about the design.

Congrats on the new saw, Allen. :thumb:

After all these years, you'd think you would have dodged the bullet on the wisdom tooth thing. Sorry to hear you didn't, but hope you heal up quickly. ;)

I wanted to make some progress today. Got most of the air gun cabinet done, just need a door.
I opened the sawstop and layed out all the pieces and got all the packing material out of the garage so we have plenty of room. I put away everything else and straightened up so we can work on the saw and the sander tomorrow.
First thing this morning, I ran a dust line for the mitre saw. Basically a waste of time, because makita has a 1.5 or 1.75 inch hole for the dust extraction, and my 50-760 works fine on every other machine in the shop except this one. I dont have much better luck with the TS, but Ridgid at least has a 2.5 inch port.
Eventually, I will run completely new dust lines, probably pvc piping, IM just not up to the point where I decided whether Im going to sell my 6x6 shed and replace it with a 10x10 shed(village code allows up to a 10x10 shed), and Ill stick the dust collector in there, just run an extension so Im not breaking codes. Or build a seperate little "garden tools" type of mini shed attached to garage wall and put the collector in there.(that will probably be a no no with code, but there are no rules against garden tool type of sheds to hold rakes and stuff)
Im not sure which direction I want to go yet, thats next years headache.
Wont help the dust collection on the mitre though.
Thats a 4 inch line going to 2.5 inch, then I had a piece that fit very snug and tight into 2.5 inch, and reduced down to the outside perimeter of the makita saw, but I taped it with duct tape just to make sure I wasnt losing any air. Most of the dust comes out the bottom of the saw, and even with a big scoop in back of it, Id still have dust flying south.

Attachments

• bed 001 (Medium).jpg
    bed 001 (Medium).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 66
  • bed 003 (Medium).jpg
    bed 003 (Medium).jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 73
another day, another wheel short

I cleaned, sanded, rehandled another old parts cabinet this morning, then painted it blue, attached some 2x4 inside the bottom and decided to add some casters to keep it mobile.
Sure enough, I discovered I have a caster eating monster hiding somewhere in my garage.
I knew I had purchased extra cheap casters a while back at Harbor, and then again at a 99cent store, just in case. And I had sets I removed from other cabinets I had made years ago.
But when I laid out all the casters today I had, it turned out I had 2 sets of 3 castors each.and one set of only 2. All a bit different in size.I have no clue where the 4th(and 3rd and 4th) caster is on each set, amazing to me, simply amazing. I ripped apart the garage today.
I climbed and searched anywhere, I went into the crawl space and searched.
Nope. I found some really small casters which I had 6 of, no clue why, and used 4 of them for now. Just attached them with 3 wood screws each.
It amazes me that I had sets of 4, until I looked for them.
IF larry lived around me, Id figure hes just messin with my head, but these things were put away in boxes.