Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage/shop rearrangement

hey, you didn't wring it out when we went for coffee. Folks , that's one sWeet ride, but too small for this bear. Need a sky hook to get me out of it.

by the way, the re-organization looks fantastic!
    Last edited by Ned Bulken; 07-22-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    -Ned

Allen, this is a t-nut.

Larry, best I can tell, Allen's baby is a Porsche 911. Not real great wood haulers, but they get you to the lumber yard really quickly.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Now he needs a wood rack on his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Al killian View Post
    Now he needs a wood rack on his baby.
    Somehow I just don't see it being able to handle 4 x 8 sheets.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sussrackpCAT.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	34756
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    Soon to have a web presence! www.reynoldswoodcraft.com (under construction - a long way from done)

He may be able to pull a small tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    He may be able to pull a small tailor.
    Or a seamstress?
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    Soon to have a web presence! www.reynoldswoodcraft.com (under construction - a long way from done)

not a 911, just a boxster, the only one I liked the look of the real roadster.
    Wish I could drive it more these days.

Allen the shop is looking real good. Interesting to see you put your compressor on a dolly. I am in the midst of planning mine to go on the wall and insert a automatic drain (i think harbor freight have them). That way i can build a box like Glenn did and silence the unit. I mounted my extension roll over head in the center of the shop that way i can reach anywhere with a nailgun or what ever i want to use air for.

Sorry but i am not a fan of the car, must be something wrong with me but i would sooner get a nice luxury pickup. I say sell the car and while you still can build yourself a spacious custom shop. With aircon, heating, lighting and all the little extras. Use the garage for wood storage.

Hey you have had the thrill of driving it and its really a battle in that part of the woods you live in so what the heck get the luxury in your shop at home instead of it being in the way.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

the car is something I wanted since I was 12. Ofcourse I couldnt afford it till I was 50.

What is a luxury pickup?

I want the compressor on a cart, since I do intend on using it soon to hang molding in my home, along with other minor stuff.

not every day is that good.

I cant figure out why I was having such a difficult time just trying to bolt down a machine. What usually takes me 6 minutes, turned into a days work.
    I ended up using the Tnuts, along with the pieces of wood I cut to get exact height.
    I had to use the Tnuts on left side as when I built the table, I completely forgot that the machine had to be moved over because of the wide swing, so I drilled in the Tnuts and secured it.(could not pass a bolt through with 8 inch apron)
    Its height is fine now, I will now be able to build the folding support shelf, I received the brackets.
    It was an incredible task for me to work under the table at first, just to secure bolts without tnuts...........my eyes just fought me every second of the way, so I enlisted some help, and her expression(I called out and said hey, I need you to crawl under this work table for me) shows just how happy she was to get down into the filthy sawdust filled floor to help out her daddy.
    She did it anyway. I told her since I dont have a dog, she can be my shop mascot.Its a good think little girls grow up loving their daddies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 1050 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1051 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1052 (Medium).jpg