Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Garage/shop rearrangement

That flooring looks great. I would be interested in knowing how you like it after using it for a while.
    Chinese Proverb: Man who eats many prunes gets good run for the money.

so after all the work I did a few times, I had to take most of it down over the past few months to sheetrock it.

today, I managed to get some of the stuff back in order.
    Finally finished the last 8 feet of wall behind the assembly table.
    I used whatever sound insulation I had left and the rest was regular pink rolled insulation, the same stuff I used to insulate the upper loft area last week.

I had a roll of insulation left, so I went back to HD, got my 10 dollars back, and had a 50 dollar gift card thats been burning a hole in my pocket, so I picked up 2 plastic parts cabinets to assort all my screws and hardware.
    Eventually, Ill get to that, but I got the wall back up.
    I had to lose the handplane cabinet, but keep them up in the tool cabinet now, as Im moving most of my hand held electric tools onto shelves.

For helping a buddy of mine, doing some easy work for him, he saved a fortune from what a carpenter quoted him, and he gave me a nice gift card.
    With that, I ordered some new Jet clamps, afterall, one can never have enough clamps. Big boys, 2 82 inch, and 2 60 inch.
    Didnt have anywhere to store them, so they found a home on the lumber rack.

My new parts cabinets have a touch of Bradleyitis to them, just too neat looking for me. Way too organized, I might actually be able to find the right size screw once I fill them up and label them.

Im waiting on my son to bring over the closet door tonight if he can fit it, and Ill figure out what Im going to do for a portable assembly table.
    Ill redo all my dust lines/hoses tomorrow, and then close down the shop so I can start redoing the finish room. Remove paper, paint, flooring, then build some furniture.

btw, with the white panels on the ceiling, and the white sheetrock walls, the shop is very bright.

Im having the roof ripped off and new roofing put on in a few weeks, I noticed some leaks and I know the roof hasnt been redone in 35 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cabinet 057 (Medium).jpg   cabinet 059 (Medium).jpg  
    Human Test Dummy

Yup, you got Bradlyitis. Seems to be very contagious

Looking good Allen
    So Mote It Be

the insulation and sheetrock, and the ceiling tiles, insulated my shop so well today was the first time in a couple of weeks I went out to work there.
    Boy o boy was it nippy in there even though its high fifties outside, 10 degrees cooler in the shop.
    I almost turned on my heater to warm it up a bit, but then Im limited with power so its either cold hands or running TS and mitre saw.
    It was also very clumsy to have to work with 4x8 sheets inside the garage cutting them down to handling size for the TS.
    The track saw makes easy work of it, but moving the board around inside the closed quarters was tuff for me.
    Id still rather break down sheets outside, but not looking to stir up any noise detectives.

I also shot over to HF yesterday and picked up a couple of movers blankets, and tarp clips, and then hung them in front of the already insulated garage overhead door, just doing what I can, not sure if it helps, but it was a 10 dollar investment.

I finished painting the walls and ceiling of the finish room, just need to do window moldings and then install new base moldings and casing around closet, but wont do most of that till the floor is done.

Im working on the inside closet unit for that room right now.
    Human Test Dummy

the drum sander stored in the shed proved to be a mistake today.
    I needed to get the sander out to do the table top of the desk Im making, and it seems the heavy water weve had here the past few months had knocked the ground all off level.
    When I laid the ramp down, the castors just got stuck on all the uneven ground(not going to cement, since Im not getting permits and opening any can of worms).
    I had to get help since that machine is awful heavy and add the weight of the huge cabinet.

Looks like Im going to have to move alot of wood in the shop and park that thing in the back out of my way, in the middle of the wood pile.
    Im thinking in the spring, Ill grab one of the gardeners I see on my street every day and have them dig out and lay huge brick pavers even with the blacktop so I can then roll it in and out.
    Human Test Dummy

What about a set of casters like this for your sander?http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...Product%20Page

wow, embarrassing. such a simple solution, thanx.
    Ill have to wait till I get my son and someone else to remove the sander off the cabinet so I can replace the castors.
    Ill park it somewhere in the shop until then,...really, such a simple solution, and I never thought just change to all terrain castors.
    Last edited by allen levine; 11-15-2011 at 01:18 AM.
    Human Test Dummy

Hey, Allen. Your shop organization has come along very nicely! Seeing you and a couple of others going through various steps has me heading that way, too. I'll have to post a couple of photos soon!
    Bill Arnold - Website - ShopCam
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    Ignorance is only skin deep, but stupid goes all the way to the marrow!
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

where are you alan?

I got the new pneumatic castors today, I thought youd come over to help me lift the sander off the table so I can change the castors.
    Hmmmmmmm....................gotta find someone to move that monster.(Ill have to make my bil come over, hate to make my son drive 30 miles to lift a machine for a second)
    Human Test Dummy

Just came in from the shop from turning on the lathe. Guess I'm a little late as usual. If I lived a few miles closer I'd be there in a heart beat to lend a hand.