Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage/shop rearrangement

Looks like you've done a fabulous job, despite the heat and the myasthenia. Thanks for sharing the progress.

Last thing I wanted to do before I took a break with cleanup and reorg, hooked up a dust port inbetween the studs, the outer wall, and the table apron, sort of made a 8 inch funnel, and hooked up a dust line. This is before Im putting any duct tape over the edges to seal it up nicely. BTW, it worked like a gem, Im very pleased with the dust control on the mitre now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 1095 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1096 (Medium).jpg  

I finally found a piece of equipment I can handle in my shop and theres only 2 buttons.
    I think every well equipped home shop should have one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 1100 (Medium).jpg  

your one step ahead of me Allen. I still need to make something for dust collection on my sliding miter saw. I can smell the popcorn now but would be hating life cause of the grease spots on the wood from the butter on the popcorn.

Id think with that monster of a cyclone, all youd have to do is hang a hood over it near the back of it, and the cyclone would do the rest.

and finally yesterday, the last piece of agenda I wanted to address, I finally managed to get my son to run the wires through the walls to hook up the wireless so I got a signal in the garage for the shop laptop. And yesterday he did it, and now I have computer service in the garage/shop. Pretty neat for me. Now if I could only learn sketchup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 1101 (Medium).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    ....Pretty neat for me. Now if I could only learn sketchup.
    That would be nice to have a connection in the garage.

And if you catch on to sketchup like you have building furniture, you'll have it licked in no time at all!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website
    My Blog- Fine Curlies

I realized today I need a nice padded sturdy rolling stool so I have somewhere to sit to use the computer. Guess its time to start looking on craigslist.(maybe Ill take a look at harbour or northern)

I spent 4 hours today trying to straigthen out wood piles, plywood piles, tools, supplies.
    At the end of 4 hours, I realized all I did was move the wood from one pile to another pile, but managed to clean the right side of the shop, now I cant walk on the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    I spent 4 hours today trying to straigthen out wood piles, plywood piles, tools, supplies.
    At the end of 4 hours, I realized all I did was move the wood from one pile to another pile, but managed to clean the right side of the shop, now I cant walk on the left side.
    Yep that how it always goes. Atleast you have a clean floor again.