Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage/shop rearrangement

Wow, look at all that space under the hose reel. You could almost keep nailers there, or boxes of brads, who knows ... What ever lands there will most likely catch some dust.
    And you won't catch me laughing. Just look at the dust hood I made for the RAS. Sad thing is, it works great ...

Last edited by matt fonner; 10-13-2009 at 10:52 PM.

theres going to be a box with a slide open top so I can keep as many supplies in there as possible.
    Every inch counts

your dust hood makes perfect sense and it doesnt cost anything. a job well done.....maybe Ill try one over my mitre.

Hi Allen

Like your re org, one thought you might want to consider. Mount that hose reel up on the rafters. I got a similar but smaller hose reel from Grizzly and with it i can reach anywhere in my shop. Hung it up and out the way. Its retractable and when i am done just let it roll up out of the way. I still have my compressor on the floor in the corner, but that too is soon to get a shelf of its own up on the wall near the dust collector so it can go in the dust collector enclosure. Then its out the way and no cart.

To you this would mean that space for the cart becomes usable for something else.

By the way you really made me think about getting a bunch of wood.
    Rob .....Alias John Wayne now Pasquinell da trapper.

"forget the apples slap some bacon on a biscuit and lets go...

We're burning daylight"

I was very close to putting the compressor and hose reel above me, where I have the storage, but I wanted to have it on wheels especially this winter since Im going to be doing work in the house, and will need it, this way I dont have to leave it inside, I can bring it out when Im done.
    My only machine Id like to get now is a mortiser, and that doesnt need its own space, its light enough to be put away, so Im pretty close to finished.

my jet mortising machine seems like a bit of a lightweight, but it tips the scales at 44 lbs.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

last time, this time I have to get it right

I cant work when I cant find what I want.
    I decided all the cabs in the garage are a waste of valuable space.
    Theyre all coming out, rolling tool boxes and cabs that can be moved out of the way are coming in.
    Wood storage is priority for me right now.
    I cant stand having to move 29 boards to get to one board I want.
    I decided to dump my wooden rack and just purchase heavy steel brackets and standards that attach to the studs.
    Installation is simple, lag screws, and Im going to gain tons of storage space without the cabs so the wood will all be sorted and placed according to size and species.
    Ill do some woodworking when the wood is away, then rebuild some work areas and some new ideas for tool storage and placement to utilize every square inch.
    Its extremely important for me to eliminate clutter with my vision limitations.
    Im going to get it right this time. Last time. I started piling white oak and ash 8 footers on the far end. I have to move some wood so I can work on the other side of the wall
    My wife dragged me inside tonight around 9:15. I might have worked till midnight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bed 291 (Medium).jpg   bed 292 (Medium).jpg   bed 293 (Medium).jpg  

I'm with you Allen. I've got one end of my garage, er, shop, piled with wood. The rest of it has some very questionable shelving. I'm so tempted to just rip and move it all out and start over... Might even have to rent a dumpster at the same time and just toss a bunch of 'stuff'
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

With all that wood you have no wonder you can crank out the projects as fast as you do! If possible try not to store similar looking woods next to each other.When you work in your shop for a while it's amazing what you find that you need to redo to make it more efficient. No matter how much time you spend planning it out theres nothing like real world experience.

Road Trip!!!

Okay guys, we need to band together and come on over to help Allen clear all that annoying wood out of his shop so he can get at his cabinets....
    There's usually more than one way to do it...
    www.wordsnwood.com ........ facebook.com/wordsnwood

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Road Trip!!!

Okay guys, we need to band together and come on over to help Allen clear all that annoying wood out of his shop so he can get at his cabinets....
    I'm in!