I actually have lighting!!

That's right, after two years with only two clamp lights over the lathe, I finally installed lights. I have been on a mission to get my shop functional, for both turning and furniture making. Over the last week I got the ceiling joists in and today I finished installing the lights. Woohoo!!

I picked up some used commercial lights very cheaply. I had to replace the ballasts so they could run on 120V, but those were easy to find used at a great price.

I will need to add a few more HD shop lights down the middle and over the lathes (which are out from the wall right now), but for general lighting it's a good start!

Hutch

P.S. The pics make it look brighter than it is in real life.

Attachments

• Lights 1.jpg
    Lights 1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Lights 2.jpg
    Lights 2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 105
Congrats, Hutch. :thumb: You'll enjoy the world of difference that's going to make. I went from a couple CF bulbs in the ceiling and a couple clamp lights to four 2 x 48" fluorescent fixtures hanging from the ceiling and a pair of Moffet lights on the lathe. Big improvement.

I just finished re-lighting my shop, too. I used a local electrical supplier's 'light computer' which said I'd need eight two tube 8 foot fixtures for my 26 X 32 shop, and that's what I used. Whow! What a difference! It's brighter than daylight in there now.