Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK It;s Friday

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

OK It;s Friday

Whatjagadun for the weekend.

Took LOML out to dinner tonight.

I'm gonna get this table and benches it finished if kills me. Then I'm gonna start on a cradle restore along with a high Chair. Also gonna work some more on the designs for the big commission.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Well, My house sold, so...LOTS of moving.

Unfortunately for my son, he lost his job a couple of weeks ago. However, that means he's free to help me move and earn some money.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

going shopping with the frau tomorrow morning, then over to my brother's for his bday party. hopefully sunday i'll be able to get some work done on the grandfather clock, sand the cutting blocks, and any other woodworking that gets in my way...
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

duck ditch aka goose creek s.c.(aka lathekiller)
    goin to the farmers market on sat till 1 pm then home to nap then more nap
    sunday more turning then nap then a little turning then nap then listen to wife #$#$#@## then nap that should do it

Gonna hit the shop early cause by 11am it'll be too hot to work.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Gonna hit the shop early cause by 11am it'll be too hot to work.
    I find it's pretty comfortable out in my shop from about 11:00 PM until sunup. I get fewer interruptions, too.

Saturday will be some shop cleanup and organizing, and hopefully I'll make some progress on some hunting knives I'm making for my nephews. I've always got stuff to turn should the urge hit me.
    Also gonna cook a meatloaf (shaped like a roast pig) on my smoker for a "Ground Beef Throwdown" on a BBQ forum.

Sunday my brother-in-law is coming over to get my help on some Viking furniture for his re-enactment group. Poor guy has essentially no experience with tools, and doesn't have the common sense of a turnip. Couple that with his lack of self confidence and overall negative attitude, and you'll see why I'm really looking forward to the day. (He's a good person with good intentions...it's just a chore spending the day with him sometimes.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Whatjagadun for the weekend.

Took LOML out to dinner tonight.

I'm gonna get this table and benches it finished if kills me. Then I'm gonna start on a cradle restore along with a high Chair. Also gonna work some more on the designs for the big commission.
    I got to get this vanity done. as you can see i'm getting close but not there yet. in the last pic the pulls are just sitting there for the pic. i also would like to get some more of the desk done, but the vanity is more important.
    Will have to watch our grandaughter for a few hours this afternoon,so maybe her and i can go turn something.
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 008 [800x600].JPG   009 [800x600].JPG   010 [800x600].JPG  

Well it is almost Sunday here, and I got a little work done on the grill, but I hope to get it all done on Sunday, IF I can find some steel for a baffle....
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

My muzzle loading club's montly shoot is today. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to go there.

It's my daughter's wedding shower, and I'm responsible for the boys. I'd just as soon be in the my workshop. The LOML has got plan for Sunday so it's another day I don't get into my shop. Before you know it, it's back to work.