OK It;s Friday

Well, My house sold, so...LOTS of moving. :)

Unfortunately for my son, he lost his job a couple of weeks ago. However, that means he's free to help me move and earn some money. ;)

going shopping with the frau tomorrow morning:rolleyes:, then over to my brother's for his bday party. hopefully sunday i'll be able to get some work done on the grandfather clock, sand the cutting blocks, and any other woodworking that gets in my way... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gonna hit the shop early cause by 11am it'll be too hot to work.
I find it's pretty comfortable out in my shop from about 11:00 PM until sunup. :D I get fewer interruptions, too.

Saturday will be some shop cleanup and organizing, and hopefully I'll make some progress on some hunting knives I'm making for my nephews. I've always got stuff to turn should the urge hit me.
Also gonna cook a meatloaf (shaped like a roast pig) on my smoker for a "Ground Beef Throwdown" on a BBQ forum.
chef.gif
eating.gif

Sunday my brother-in-law is coming over to get my help on some Viking furniture for his re-enactment group. Poor guy has essentially no experience with tools, and doesn't have the common sense of a turnip. Couple that with his lack of self confidence and overall negative attitude, and you'll see why I'm really looking forward to the day. :rolleyes: (He's a good person with good intentions...it's just a chore spending the day with him sometimes.)

Whatjagadun for the weekend.

Took LOML out to dinner tonight.

I'm gonna get this table and benches it finished if kills me. Then I'm gonna start on a cradle restore along with a high Chair. Also gonna work some more on the designs for the big commission.

I got to get this vanity done. as you can see i'm getting close but not there yet. in the last pic the pulls are just sitting there for the pic. i also would like to get some more of the desk done, but the vanity is more important.
Will have to watch our grandaughter for a few hours this afternoon,so maybe her and i can go turn something.:D
Steve

Attachments

• 008 [800x600].JPG
    008 [800x600].JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 009 [800x600].JPG
    009 [800x600].JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 010 [800x600].JPG
    010 [800x600].JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 10
Well it is almost Sunday here, and I got a little work done on the grill, but I hope to get it all done on Sunday, IF I can find some steel for a baffle.... :huh::doh:

It's my daughter's wedding shower, and I'm responsible for the boys. I'd just as soon be in the my workshop. The LOML has got plan for Sunday so it's another day I don't get into my shop. Before you know it, it's back to work.:huh::(

stephen, the vanity looks great!

I have a much smaller one on my do list up the road a bit.

My wife is taking a short trip this weekend, so Im going to stay in my spider infested dust box of a shop and keep ripping out and rebuilding until I get it close to right.

Assembling the latest batch of pens I've turned, including those turned at the AAW two weekends ago--finish up the bottoms of a couple of small bowls I've turned and see if I can finish a weed pot - oh, but I need smaller jaws for my Oneway than I have, so that might not get done. I have a couple of laser jobs to do, but don't have the parts, so those will have to wait until Monday.

I am putting in the shelves to my lower cabinets so I can do final sanding and stain. Sounds like a lot of busy people this weekend, good luck to all and "get r dun" :wave:

Went to dinner last night with a chef friend of my wife friend, who is Morocco. GREAT Food and nice time visiting with some very good people.

Today ( Saturday ) has been a work day. Started a little slow. I had a technical install that had to be done last night for work, which took me until about 1:30am. So I slept in a little.

I did grass, weeded garden, took lots of pictures of THE project. Took one set of pictures to show the contractor how my property was abused with trash, garden destruction and people not caring about anything. Then I took a second set of pictures as a punch list.

We are almost done with that project.

Went to Woodcraft and got a nail finder thing. I want to re-hab some of the left over red-wood and cannot afford a hidden nail on the SawStop.

While at Woodcraft listened to a presentation comparing the New Stanley planes, with Lie Neilsen and the Woodcraft line of "Wood River" planes. Very interesting. The Woodcraft store owner is a very good woodworker and was very knowledgeable.

Did get in the shop. I did a setup sharpening for my new Veritas Shoulder Plane. Enjoyed learning how to actually use my water stones.

Got my #4 smoother out and did some sharpening and practice planing. I really need to get some projects done.

I REALLY enjoy my shop. Something as simple using my waterstones is very satisfying.

Sorry to be so long winded... It was a good day.

Today we went to Knoxville for the Farmer's Market.. not a bad sale day... lots of people walking through... Tomorrow, we're going down to Chattanooga to check out the Chattanooga Market... thinking about starting that in August.