Pics Slower than Snail Mail

Norman Hitt

Is the picture loading getting steadily slower for anyone else? It absolutely takes forever for them to load now, so I thought it must be my computer, but I went to a couple of other forums and clicked on some threads with several pictures in a post, and the pics came right up and I could go right on through the pics with no delay. Soooooooooo............ what's the problem with ours????

It sure needsa fixin.:thumb:

Is the picture loading getting steadily slower for anyone else? It absolutely takes forever for them to load now, so I thought it must be my computer, but I went to a couple of other forums and clicked on some threads with several pictures in a post, and the pics came right up and I could go right on through the pics with no delay. Soooooooooo............ what's the problem with ours????

It sure needsa fixin.:thumb:

Hi Norman.
Mine take long as well, and at the third one they seem to hang up. What I do is click on "previous" and then again in "next" and they open inmediately.
I found also that they load faster and display bigger if I right click on the pic and select "open in a new window".

Are you using Firefox? because I am, and I'm experiencing this problem since FWW upgraded the software.

Hope this helps

I see the problem here very occasionally so far. On the "other" forum which is quite large, it happens 9 times out of 10. Whatever it is, it seems it will get worse, not better, if we do not resolve it early.

Check for Spyware, I did yesterday and found 166 different lurkers which slow down openings... cleaned them and now I am rapid again.

Frank, I'm always on the look out for new spyware software. I ran an updated Malwarebytes program, found 3 items. Down loaded and used the Spy Bot you mentioned, found another 35 items! Only down side, is it took quite a while to run the scan. ust remember to do this at night!!:thumb: Thanks for the tip! Jim.

Hi Norman.
Mine take long as well, and at the third one they seem to hang up. What I do is click on "previous" and then again in "next" and they open inmediately.
I found also that they load faster and display bigger if I right click on the pic and select "open in a new window".

Are you using Firefox? because I am, and I'm experiencing this problem since FWW upgraded the software.

Hope this helps

Toni, I'm using Firefox also, and I can do some clicking around and bring them up individually a little faster, but it is just inconvenient that the system doesn't work like it's supposed to, and the fact that it is just gradually getting worse.

I use SpyBot Search and Destroy. It has worked fine for me for several years. It is free but I sent a donation because I appreciate how well it works.

Frank, my Computer GURU set mine up so that SPYBOT runs every night, so I don't think that spyware is the problem here.:huh::dunno:

Guys, I'll do some more poking around, but I still haven't been able to consistently get the problem to show up here. We'll see if Darren or Bill have any other bright ideas on it. (Darren's kind of tied up right now getting ready to move, and Bill's been busy with a lot of things, too. Bullfighting in Patagonia, last I heard.) :p

Guys, I'll do some more poking around, but I still haven't been able to consistently get the problem to show up here. We'll see if Darren or Bill have any other bright ideas on it. (Darren's kind of tied up right now getting ready to move, and Bill's been busy with a lot of things, too. Bullfighting in Patagonia, last I heard.) :p

Kinda seems like a Flukey problem since it doesn't seem to be a consistent problem at all locations. Maybe it is a Net problem caused by different hardware/software used at different places around the country/world and our program's software just doesn't interface as well with some of the systems as with others.:huh::dunno::dunno::dunno:

for what it is worth vaughn, i have had it happen on both mac and pc platforms and i have gotten around it by canceling out and re clicking the pic then it goes to three maybe four then hangs again..at that time i again cancel out and start where it hung up. to see what is left.. this happened even with both platforms being compltly clean installs new machines!! the pc systm runs threw a phone company and the mac platform runs from a tower.and cable.

Kinda seems like a Flukey problem since it doesn't seem to be a consistent problem at all locations. Maybe it is a Net problem caused by different hardware/software used at different places around the country/world and our program's software just doesn't interface as well with some of the systems as with others.:huh::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Norm,
Could be your server that links you to the internet... I have a DSL line from TDS phone system... seems like on some days and especially if the weather is a little damp, we have trouble connecting... other days, things work fine and it all just pops... I use both firefox for all my forum connections and IE8 for some other connects.. mostly Yahoo mail and seems like firefox is a little quicker.

It never happens on my mac, happens all the time on one windoze machine, sometimes on the second windoze machine and seldom on the third :dunno:

I'll also note that the same thing happens on >> Oz Wood Working Forums << in the same manner, and they use the same software :dunno: