Miter clamps

Bill McQueen

A little help please. I have these miter clamps the kind you assemble frames and draws with. ( I hope you know what I'm talking about their about 6" long, thin and have two screw clamps that make your boards square.

Problem; I keep causing a land slide because I haven't got a fixture to hang them on. Simple right. (and it probably is, but I've made two that don't work. As you know there not standardize, there all a little different.

Question have you guys or gal's got a solution you'd share with me. I'm pulling my hair out and I can't afford to do that!!

I've made hundreds of jig (not for theses) and they work fine but this is kind of thrown me a curve. If you just leave them around the shop and hunt them up when you need them, then don't reply, that what I'm tiring to get away from. :eek:

Thanks I have confidence in ya!

Bill

No offense, but the broads would have to be petty long. Have several of these clamps because I have several projects going at one time. Thanks for the input It crossed my mind too.

Bill

Are you talking about this type or similar version?
9170_Clamp.jpg

I believe I would cobble together a couple pieces of plywood to form a 90º corner, affix to a flat piece with a hole for hanging then stack the clamps in like cordwood.

Personally, I use a long hanger on a 1/4" pegboard and find a hole to hang them.

Attachments

• a jig.JPG
    a jig.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 18