DC question

Al killian

Yep one more question about dc. I just picked up a second dc system for the shop. It is a PM 1900 3hp system. I plan on hanging the blower housing in the closet where the woodmaster(wm) one is and move the (wm) to hang above the molder. This will be just for that machine. Now the thing is that the wm has a 6" inlet and 6" outlet and the PM1900 has a 8"in/out. I would like to know if I could use just one exhuast line going to the bin out back or if I need to stick with two lines? Most of the time it will only be one on at a time.

I would go with 2 separate ones because otherwise you'd need some kind of baffle to keep one's exhaust from back-blowing into the other. If they were identical machines and on constantly, maybe it'd be fine - but even identical machines will struggle with one another.

Best to keep the two separated.

I was in DC back in the spring, took a bunch of school kids on a tour. Going back this fall with a bunch of Senior Citizens. :rofl: Oh were you speaking of the massive sucker that inhales the dust from my shop? From what I know, (very little) I would say you would create all kinds of vacuum problems sending the chips through a unit not on. Dust, dirt, and chips will find the least expected route and settle in the worse possible placement. Murphy has a big hand in this field (ie. Murphy's Law) Set up two systems and dump into the same container, if you will, but the systems need to be zoned and not connected. What's wrong with two dump stations?