Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul's little place

Paul's little place

Well folks it me again and I figured I would give my little tour of my place. Definately not in the same league as Tod's place but I can get some decent work done there. One thing you will notice is...it ain't clean! I am organized (everything has its place) but I refuse to keep the place "clean". I will warn you if you ever come by and visit you WILL get dirty..... oh by the way I do have a vernier caliper too! but just do not tell anyone Oh by the way can you guess what particular brand I like?

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Great looking shop Paul,
    Is that a HF drill press in picture # 7. is so how about an evaluation.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Don,
    Nope it is a ...Grizzly. I got it about 8 years or so ago. Nothing special it spins a bit. Definatley a bit small to my liking but I just do not use it all that much

Thanks for thr tour Paul. You have a very efficient looking set up. Don't worry about clean - clean is bad!! I would far rather see a shop that looks like somebody uses it.

On the shaper - are those infeed/outfeed rollers on extending rods? Is that a standard item offered by minimax - I have never seen them on any of their machines over here.

Again - thanks for posting.

Wow, I'm GREEN with envy!

VERY nice, man are those some serious machines you have.

Thanks!

thanks paul! i could feel right at home in your shop............if only it was a little more disorganized .......tod

Ian,
    Yes those are infeed / outfeed rollers. I added those after purchase. I also added the outrigger arm and outrigger table (the same system you will see on their small sliders and new small combo). I have used that set up to do tenoning, cope & stick, etc.....basically it is some what similiar to Tod's setup except his is all cast iron, huge castings, and oh maybe 200-300lbs heavier! My shaper is no cupcake but it is not a Formula machine either. Since I added my little power feeder it is a very versatile machine and suits my very low production needs nicely.

Tod....actually those pictures are when the shop is clean..... you should see it now!

I liked you better when you had the Agazzani. After all, you are the one that convinced me to buy one. But I can tell you for sure I'm not converting to MM.
    Jim

Thanks for sharing Paul. That's quite a kewl lot of tools you have crammed in that space...

And I like dirty too...shows the shop is USED!

- Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Nice setup Paul. That's a pretty impressive bandsaw you have there! I was just looking at the MM16 on their website. What reason did you go for the 24"? Do you do alot of resawing.

Doug