Jonathan's Shop

Hi Jonathan,
I went out to look at the wood and stepped over some electric cords and one moved. It was a 5' snake.

Im not squimish(dat the right word?), but if I stepped over some cords and one turned out to be a snake, I think Id be out of my work area for 3 weeks.
I hate snakes. I really hate snakes.
My last encounter with one was around 7 or 8 years ago I was sitting on a lounge at a pool in upstate NY, and some run of the mill garden snake, around 1 foot long went slithering underneath my chair.
I was frozen on that chair for 45 minutes. I really really hate snakes.
I dont mind them as much in a tank in a pet store or someones house.

Hi Larry, Vaughn & Allen
We live in South Florida and there are a number of really bad snakes here. So the people who know what to do about it try to have a Black Snake on the property to protect the people from the bad snakes. These black snakes will not bite humans but they keep away all of those little kreepy crawly things away. The orange grove owners have a person who wrangle snakes for them. They buy the black snakes and turn them loose in the orange groves and they manage the black snakes in the groves. I have a black snake on each side of my house all of the time. This is the first time in over 25 years that one has been in the house. I know that the black snakes will not hurt me and they still give me nightmares. Take care guys I have to go, I have an appointment I can't miss, Joe