Added a little something to the shop

Rob Keeble

I know there are a few members out there that have weather stations.

Thought there might be some would like to see mine now that i have it properly mounted on my shop where i have wanted it for the past two years.

This is a Davis weather station for those that are interested. I will be adding it to the web soon so it can be available to all the neigbors and the area as a whole.

Our weather can change quiet dramatically here and there is nothing like real local weather to know whats happening. The forecast on this is usually more accurate than the weather man.:D

Got my sons to help me put it up on the shop last weekend.

Now we have another thing for the NN to compain about. :)

Brent this ones for you.

weather station above the roof.jpg

weather station on shed.jpg

No doubt he will think it's a surveillance device to spy on him!:rofl::rofl:

My thoughts exactly!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rob, looks impressive - I hope it is as informative and fun as it looks.

My Dad has a fancy weather set-up as well. He absolutely loves his - drives my Mom nuts for some reason. Maybe it's the constant updates.:D

Wes

Thanks guys, this is a Davis Weather station if you want one of these take a look here.

They come with a wireless console and are one of the most accurate on the market in this category. Used by all sorts of authorities that require real time weather data or monitoring. I hope to put it on weather underground someday that is as soon as i have the web portion sorted out.

Rob, those Davis weather stations are very accurate and really fun. We had two different ones at the Agri-Science Academy I taught at. They store data, nice knowing rainfall in January as it uses a pass through system. Totals, daily, highs, lows, all kinds of data can be collected/viewed. You will really enjoy it. We used to be a satellite reporting station for the tv station, their computer accessed ours and had minute by minute updates.

Yeah Jonathan my wife is beginning to regret she got it for me when i wake her up at night because i want to know how hard its raining.:rofl::rofl: It gives you rain rate by the inch or mm per hour so i know when its clear to run to the car outside.:rofl::rofl: I love the forecast and wind speed too and if i was a crop famer i would use the evaporation rate and the uv index to a greater extent. Boy if i was a farmer i would have a bunch of their kit all over my land. Especially a irrigation farmer with veg to be watered. These things have a bunch of sensors that can be added to it wirelessly. It can also be used in control functions and like all tech things the list goes on and on.:)

Thats a real nice weather station Rob!

I've just got an Oregon Scientic WMR968, but it seems to do a pretty decent job, well, except for rain. I suspect it might work fine in places like Oregon where they get more significant rainfall, but here in the desert the tipping mechanism doesn't 'tip' often enough to record some of the little drizzles we occasionally get.

Been thinking of upgrading to a Davis at some point in the future, but that'll probably have to wait until this one breaks...

Let me know when you get it up on the Interwebs, It's always fun to check out the weather on other parts of the planet.

I recently added a camera to mine. It's the view I have out my office window. It's just a little ip camera that I got at Frys pretty cheap. "AIC250 Network Camera", About 60 bucks, I think.

If you put a camera up there, you'd be able to really keep an "eye" on the NN and freak him out!

Here's my link, in case anyone is interested...

www.palominovalleyweather.com