Real men are not afraid of Pink!

Jeff Horton

Long story but I had to buy a new camera, the flash went out on mine and I use it in work. Just bought this laptop so was trying to buy without overspending. Asked around and settled on a new Pentax w60.

Shopped around and decided to buy through Amazon even though they were a few dollars more. I know there reputation. While searching their site I noticed a listing for a new one but it was $50 +/- less. After looking at it I saw why, it was the pink model. After a little thought I decided I would could put up with some ribbing for $50 and I had the perfect come back that would shut anyone up too. ;)

I got it today and to my surprise it's not pink. Yes they sent they right one but what they call pink is more Rose almost Burgundy. Now I feel like a genius, a $50 genius to be exact. :thumb:

If I had a choice I'd not choose pink, but if the price was a LOT cheaper, pink would not bother me at all, at least I know I'd not easily misplace it :D :thumb:

Sounds like you got a deal, regardless of the color :wave:

Nice buy Jeff, thats quiet the camera. You got the waterproof one right?
Waterproof to 13 feet and wide angle with 5x optical and 10meg pixel. Great specs, give us a report on how it performs. Would love to know how the HD video feature performs. Perhaps you can try one of your training videos with that baby wonder how smooth the video will be. Its supposed to support 15 frames per second which should be fine for video.

Please let us know in an update when you get to play with it.

Thanks for sharing. Best of luck with the camera.:thumb:

Jeff I realize you needed yours right away but for others theres a new version coming out that is even higher spec for less cost.

Jeff i would also look at one of these for when you go canoeing. http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-20220...cp_ob_p_title_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1248494436&sr=8-1

I know the camera is waterproof but it will still sink if you drop it in the water.

Last edited:
You got the waterproof one right?
Waterproof to 13 feet and wide angle with 5x optical and 10meg pixel. ....

Yes I looked for a waterproof camera. Besides using it in the boat I use it a lot of dirty areas. The dust shop it bad enough on one. My last one fell out of my pocket numerous time in attics and crawl spaces. It had some 'grit' in the lense but just kept on shooting.

The specs are what swayed me. Plus the fact a lot of the kayak guys had different models of this camera and all of the loved it. I shot a bunch last night on the porch in and the front yard and it's easy enough to use. Just has so much it do it's a bit ridiculous to an old photographer. But so far I am like what I am seeing.

I shot a couple of videos and they looked good. I am thinking about reshooting what I did in the shop but I finished that frame on the boat. So guess that means I need to build another one??? ;)

That looks like a good one for your uses, Jeff. It takes a REAL man to shoot a pink camera. :D Added bonus: Your kayaking buddies are less likely to steal a pink camera. :p