Got to drill some square holes

With the project comming up I think it's about time I invested in a morticer. So what kind of a mortice machine do ya'll have ?
I have the Delta, but I don't think I'd buy another. It's OK, but lacks some of the goodies like a better clamping system, self aligning fence, and a table that moves in the X and Y axis.

I had to drill 80 square holes on my kitchen project and used Larry's delta as I don't own one. it is my only experience with a morticer, and for me a good one. I had noproblems with it, but have not used any other brand.

i have a jet mortising machine that has been put to some hard use, for all of our furniture, and items for the fair over the last several years, and i am quite happy with it.

I just recently got the G0645 from Grizzly, so far I've only played with it to see how it works, and I'm impressed. It sure is slick hammering out a square hole in nothing flat. I suppose I'll lack the pride of hand cutting one with chisels and what not...but I'm ok with that.

I have this one:

http://www.woodstockint.com/products/w1671/

I've been real happy with it. IMHO. it was the most beef for the buck when I bought it a couple years ago. There were better ones (the General comes to mind) but they were quite a bit more money than I could buy the Shop Fox for locally.
IIRC the Shop Fox got some pretty good press a year or two ago in one of the WW mags.

Don....if your going to get one get a good one that is repeatable. When you do get one that will work good for you you will be glad you did and it will change you wood working life.
Reg

I have no experience with these machines, but I do know a machinest who is good at drilling tapered oval holes if you ever need them. I always hated getting called to machine shop to plug those.

Mortising Machine

Don, I just recently bought the Steelex machine Rennie mentioned earlier, and it is in another league from the Harbour Freight bench model I have been using! Although it cut square holes and was a few step above the drill press attachment. The XY table and clamping system makes repeatable cuts so much easier. To bad you are so far away I would make you a great deal on my bench model. Also if you look at the Laguna version it looks to be a clone of each other at about 1/2 the price.