Thread: Are tools gloats allowed?

Are tools gloats allowed?

I'm not sure where or if tool pre-gloats are allowed........So I don't know if it's okay to tell you that my MIL generously gave me a nice sum of money and I just used it to order a complete Jamieson hollowing rig, including laser and scraper blade and how-to video. Is this allowed and if so where do I post it?

No....My wife is the only girl....she has no sisters....

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Not without pictures..

I moved your post to the proper forum so when it does happen you can show us the pictures..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

nice score ken! but i see potential issues......you`ll have the ability to hollow "big" grumbine sized pieces soooooo, before you know it mr. oneway will be knockin` ....
    congratulations on the new rig! tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Tod .....If things go well....it'll be a PM 3520B this fall.........Oh...BTW......My wife knows about your involvement and Vaughn's involvement in my new EXPENSIVE hobby......You guys might want to be looking over your shoulders.....She shoots a scoped rifle quite well even if she was age 40 before she ever shot one..........

Actually Ken, I think tool gloats are encouraged. (Providing there's photographic proof ) It allows the rest of us who are financially challenged to live vicariously though the posts.

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

John.......I'll post photos when it's delivered! I just ordered it this morning. The only reason I was able to get this is because my MIL gave me an extemely generous Christmas gift! And since I got into turning about 11 months ago.....I UNDERSTAND financial challenges! Wasn't a problem before .....

Of course tool pre-gloats are allowed. Congrats on the upcoming new hollowing rig. (I've got a rig on order, too, and my MIL is paying for about half of it.)

I wish I was also getting the PM 3520 to go with it (and I'd wait for fall too, if that's what it would take to get one).
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Heck yeah they are allowed Ken...Very nice of your MIL to give you such a generous gift. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be turning with your new gloat....we'll waive the pics verification for a bit, just be sure we see them as soon as it gets delivered.
    Last edited by Steve Ash; 01-11-2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: needed one word
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Congrats Ken!

And for those playing along at home, this is the difference between a MIL (what Ken is blessed with) and a MILFH which I'm saddled with

I mean, you MIL you money......

Sorry.......that does not compute...........

Pics please when you get it, as you may know, I'm looking to build one, and need all the ideas I can get!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Tod .....If things go well....it'll be a PM 3520B this fall.........Oh...BTW......My wife knows about your involvement and Vaughn's involvement in my new EXPENSIVE hobby......You guys might want to be looking over your shoulders.....She shoots a scoped rifle quite well even if she was age 40 before she ever shot one..........
    I seem to recall saying there was mustard in your future.