Holders for Water and Bananas

glenn bradley

It is sometimes the simplest of things that please folks the most. LOML got a Brita water filter/jug but didn't like having to hang the spigot over the edge of the counter to fill her coffee maker.

While pondering this most important of all dilemmas, I noticed her banana hanger was cracked. I needed a banana hanger anyway so I made her these and a banana holder for myself as well.

Attachments

• water-and-naners-001.jpg
    water-and-naners-001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 122
  • water-and-naners-002.jpg
    water-and-naners-002.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 77
We put our water filter like that in the fridge. I do like that idea though!! A second filter for water like coffee then don't have to warm up water I cooled down. Great job! Bannanas don't last long around here laying on the counter! If they get some brown spots, bannana bread!!!!:thumb::thumb:

the best part of all glenn, is she can't quite grouse about your "special species" bin. :D my brothers learned that the hard way last xmas, when they (amongst others) got nice picture frames from the boxes of odds and ends they said i should either throw out or burn. rubbed it in a little more this year, when a coworker bought one of the cheese boards i made from the odds and ends boxes. nothing like 100% pure profit. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

now the big question is, with or without walnuts?:D

With, of course. :D A handful or two of raisins also add a nice touch. I've got a bread machine recipe for nanner bread that's easy, foolproof, and very tasty.

Oh yeah...nice work, Glenn. You're right about the simple projects sometimes being the most appreciated. :thumb:

Here ya go, Glenn...:D

New and Improved Bread Machine Banana Bread I

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 large eggs
  • 1/3-cup butter
  • 1 ounce (1/8 cup) milk
  • 3 bananas, medium, mashed
  • 1 2/3 cups bread flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 rounded teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts, but 1 cup is better
  • A sprinkle or three of cinnamon, if you’re so inclined
  • 2 or 3 handfuls of raisins (optional, but not a bad idea, if you ask me)

PREPARATION:
Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Measure eggs, butter, milk and bananas into the bread pan and set aside. In a medium-mixing bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Mix well and add to the bread pan.

Use Quick Bread setting for your machine.

Now I got to go buy some darker bannanas and put them on the counter and convince LOML that they have been there and now are good only for "nanner bread" (thanks for the new terminology Vaughn!):rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb: